Text Commands: 'copy', 'paste', and 'mpaste'

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

Danielle
Grandmaster Poster

Text Commands: 'copy', 'paste', and 'mpaste'

Post by Danielle »

Introduction:

Allows you to select an entire area with "copy" and all items are then saved to a temporary c-prop so you can then paste them at another location with ".paste" or ".mpaste".

Syntax:

".copy [target]"

".paste"

".mpaste"

Description:
  • The ".copy" command:
    • The accepts the optional switch, "target", which allows you to target items to aquire the maximum and minimum z-hieght.
    • It offers a preview of the items selected to be copied before they are copied to memory.
    • You can target any two corners of the "box" to select items.
    • Item limit is initially set to 1,000 items. Can be changed by modifying the ITEM_LIMIT constant at the begining of the script.
  • The "paste" command:
    • The ".paste" command does a one-time paste of the items copied with the ".copy" command.
    • Uses a "nudge tool" which is a gump interface that allows moving the items as a whole in any direction as many times as needed.
  • The ".mpaste" command:
    • The "mpaste" command allows for pasting the items copied with the "copy" command multiple times at multiple locations.
    • Uses a "nudge tool" which is a gump interface that allows moving the items as a whole in any direction as many times as needed.
Note: An additional required file (YesNo.inc) is also included and should be placed in your includes file. If you have the same file with the same functions and similiar scripting you may omit it.
Attachments
copy_and_paste.zip
POL VERSION 96 IS REQUIIRED!
(5.69 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Text Commands: 'copy', 'paste', and 'mpaste'

Post by Zaksmeer »

any chance we can add this to a script and save it for future use?

like the add-on-generator script from runuo.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I will look into it. I don't remember seeing this post. There is a similar command already present in the Distro, addset and makeset. I will see how this differs from the ones in the Distro.
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB »

This should be covered by the distros existing "sets" system which i think is .addset and .makeset

I also have a enhanced version of the set command which i converted into a package to allow people to make sets which could then be called and created by other packages.
I'll look at merging this into the distro in the future.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Yes and there is atleast one other package from WoD shard that could be used. I have a version of that already converted for my shard which is based on the Distro.