More a question

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

Malikia
New User

More a question

Post by Malikia »

Would it be possible to script a walkon script to......make a character to where they view everything in the world as if they were dead. And could not be seen by living characters nor could see living characters. Yet they could fight with all thier weapons with creatures specifically made for this dead realm. Also those dead creatures could not see living or attack them and could not be seen by living?
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

I would say yes.

Change your graphic to 402 (male) or 403 (female).
But you might not be able to make it work correctly while mounted.
And you should receive a "you cannot use this item while dead" simply because the core recognize you like mobile.dead == 1

You could modify the whole thing into the scripts themselves by adding the following stuff to your checks if someone is dead.

Code: Select all

if( mobile.dead )
    foreach item in ListEquippedItem( mobile )
           if( item.objtype == (objtype of deathshroud )
                    SendSysMessage( mobile, "You cannot use that while dead!";
                    return 0;
           endif
     endforeach
endif
*Objtype of a deathshroud has not been found or created yet for me. I cannot tell you the exact number for it.

But now, I'm wondering if there is core function that has to be modified :\
lol.. tek?
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

From just looking at InsideUO, a death shroud graphic is 8270 (0x204E).
ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Post by ncrsn »

I think that could be done using two realms. One for the living people and creatures, and another for the dead. When players walk on the tile you mentioned, it'd move them to the latter realm, and when they are about to return to the "real" world, another script would send them back.

To the realms to be exactly the same itemwise you'd have to duplicate not only the statics, but also at least multis built, and if you see it worth the effort, also items placed on the ground. This information should then be refreshed and updated for things to sync.