Discord Bot

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Discord Bot

Post by DevGIB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 am

Hi All,
Please see attached V1 of my discord bot.
It comes with 3 templates and is somewhat documented.
There is a basic command included as well for testing purposes and as an example in how to use in your own scripts.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

IMPORTANT
I don't own rights to any of the images that are linked in bots config file.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask but it should be fairly straight forward.
Attachments
discordBot.rar
(6.65 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Discord Bot

Post by Yukiko » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:56 pm

Finally!
I wondered when you would post this. :)
I'm sure a lot of developers will make use of it
Sincerely,
Yukiko

I would tell you a UDP joke but you might not get it.

Titus 2:13

DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm

I got some more changes that i want to make/include and then i'll add it to the distro.
It's really nothing special, just a wrapper for code i'd already given to select people and anyone who asked.

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:33 am

In keeping with the principle of keeping the Distro as simple as possible it might be a good idea to make it an optional pkg for the Distro. If it can be made to be easily dropped in I think that would be the way to go.

We really need a download area where users can submit and maintain their submissions of custom scripts so they are easily located. They can easily get lost in the forums but if we have a dedicated download section we could categorize which scripts are for the Distro and which are not and those who submit them can more easily post and update their submissions.
Sincerely,
Yukiko

I would tell you a UDP joke but you might not get it.

Titus 2:13

DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:37 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of including it in the Distro (i'm not even sure if the Distro potentially has any current injection points for Discord) but having it disabled in a CFG file and then we can add a note to initialization that if its wanted it needs to be setup and enabled in that CFG.

Alternatively if we ever got to implementing the pkg.cfg requires or optional settings which effected compilation it could be done that way but that's probably a topic which needs its own thread.