Say hello

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Say hello

Post by Trike » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:13 pm

hello everyone guys, someone could write such a book of skills for me, for a fee, the fact is that it works for me on 95pole and I need 99 but src there is no file and I need this book for 99distri
Attachments
9E82DF09-F476-4B96-9A98-05DADB4180D5.jpeg

RusseL
Forum Regular
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by RusseL » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:57 pm

Please stop creating topics with subject "Say hello" "Hello forum" etc.


btw. nice screenshot :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:03 am

ok, please continue on the topic, I don’t think what screen is very important

DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:12 am

Re: Say hello

Post by DevGIB » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:18 am

Do you have the POL095 source?
I could probably fairly easily update it for you to POL099 or POL100 if needed.
But do you have the rest of the script base to support it?

Harley
Forum Regular
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Germany

Re: Say hello

Post by Harley » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:22 am

It's disgusting to take Zulu Hotel Europe server files.
Don't have any ideas to make it yourself? Don't do anything in that false way.

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:42 am

DevGIB wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:18 am
Do you have the POL095 source?
I could probably fairly easily update it for you to POL099 or POL100 if needed.
But do you have the rest of the script base to support it?
you do not understand me, I need an src script to .skill class books that I dropped because I only have ecl because of this, I can’t go from 095pol to 100pol in

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:45 am

Harley wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:22 am
It's disgusting to take Zulu Hotel Europe server files.
Don't have any ideas to make it yourself? Don't do anything in that false way.
Are you kidding me, firstly there is no such book, secondly, from my server, thirdly Zulu wanted Europe to copy the server that I used to keep with a friend Dream World Odessa

RusseL
Forum Regular
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by RusseL » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:16 am

Trike wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:42 am
you do not understand me, I need an src script to .skill class books that I dropped because I only have ecl because of this, I can’t go from 095pol to 100pol in
Forget about it, it is not possible without having includes and sourcecode of scripts to support this class system.

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Say hello

Post by Yukiko » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:36 am

Trike, I have urged you many many times to learn how to program in eScript. If you do that you can create the world you want.

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:50 am

Yukiko wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:36 am
Trike, I have urged you many many times to learn how to program in eScript. If you do that you can create the world you want.
I tried, but as it turned out, it’s not so easy, could you answer for the last time in drugs? I didn’t finish the titles

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Say hello

Post by Yukiko » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am

I think you mean "personal message" not "drugs" :)
Post your questions here and please use a relevant sentence in the subject line about your question.

Harley
Forum Regular
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Germany

Re: Say hello

Post by Harley » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Yukiko wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
I think you mean "personal message" not "drugs" :)
Post your questions here and please use a relevant sentence in the subject line about your question.
I think he uses Google Translator to express any of his thoughts and post here :)
So, there are a drugs, Rock'n'Roll and etc. :D

By the way. Guys, he wants to have a command with gump.
Skill.png
Moreover, he wants someone to share with this really hard coded script or make it for free. Is he joking? ¬_¬
There are 7 pages, with binding to each of parameter.
However, he was plagiarized files that I've made some years ago, and now he asked about help here.. haha, really nice joke! :deadhorse:

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Say hello

Post by Yukiko » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:04 pm

There are plenty of complete worlds that can be modified to meet his needs.

I cannot speak to whether he stole scripts but I will bet you started out with someone else's scripts when you created your server Harley. Most everyone does. Besides that, he said he doesn't have the source code for the shard anyway.

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:48 pm

no matter how I communicate here through an interpreter or not, I don’t give a damn what you think there, I can also provide screenshots of the server that you coordinated since this book was written on this shard in 1998 so think before you say something, thank you all you can close the topic for help; I won’t ask anything more

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Say hello

Post by Yukiko » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:43 pm

I encourage you to continue to ask for help on the forums Trike. I do not care where you obtained the scripts. I want you to learn how to program in eScript.

I do think you will have difficulty locating someone who has the time to write your scripts for you but most of the community is willing to help you learn.

We do have a few people who have never shared scripts, or helped anyone. Those people always seem to need help but never return anything to the community but most of us are willing to answer questions and help with problems you might post here.

So please do not let one person drive you away.

Harley
Forum Regular
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Germany

Re: Say hello

Post by Harley » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:53 am

Yukiko wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:04 pm
There are plenty of complete worlds that can be modified to meet his needs.

I cannot speak to whether he stole scripts but I will bet you started out with someone else's scripts when you created your server Harley. Most everyone does. Besides that, he said he doesn't have the source code for the shard anyway.
Kiko, I don't say about someone else's scripts, all of us start to use someone code, for example our distro))
I said that I worked on .mul files, myself, about 1 year, and this "Trike" use them without agreement with me. That's all! And after that, I won't to help such kind of people like this man. :deadhorse:
And Kiko, I'm begging you, first understand the situation, and then write phrases like
Yukiko wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:43 pm
So please do not let one person drive you away.
You have to understand me and my labor. You also won't be glad, that someone steal your work and after said that he has made it.
Last edited by Harley on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:57 am

it’s hard for me to learn the escript because my native language is Russian, I can hardly understand much myself, because I don’t know English well, but I have a dream to restore the server, my and many of my friends dreams, so I’ll try, but I’ll make this server many people are waiting it was temporary when 300 people played on the 095 core this server Odessa from my area was called New Dream World, better than the server I couldn’t even see the sphere on the emulator

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 am

How did you get that you first wrote all this? I received these files from the best Russian scripters of those times when the Tenet server was working back in 1998, did you have this book then?

Harley
Forum Regular
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Germany

Re: Say hello

Post by Harley » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 am

Trike wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 am
How did you get that you first wrote all this? I received these files from the best Russian scripters of those times when the Tenet server was working back in 1998, did you have this book then?
I'm not first writer of this code, because this code was written by Midnight Cobra & Furry Fox.
But I made my game files that you are using now. So, if you want someone to help you, you have to ask permissions of using game files, and after ask anything else.

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:03 am

Harley wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 am
Trike wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 am
How did you get that you first wrote all this? I received these files from the best Russian scripters of those times when the Tenet server was working back in 1998, did you have this book then?
I'm not first writer of this code, because this code was written by Midnight Cobra & Furry Fox.
But I made my game files that you are using now. So, if you want someone to help you, you have to ask permissions of using game files, and after ask anything else.
I explain to you once again I was given a copy without the source of the server, I telepath? I should have guessed what is your authorship?

ThisIsMe
Distro Developer
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:29 am
Contact:

Re: Say hello

Post by ThisIsMe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:19 am

Well I'm not really sure what's going on in that screen shot, I have seen a similar skill book in WoD or Sanctuary and those were I know for a fact always made available for public use. So there'd be no issues with using those,the issue being that for what you're looking to do I don't believe which ever shard I originally saw it on (we're going back circa 2003) I don't recall having a class system.

I will point out that as a player I was and have never been a fan of shards that use a secondary skill tracker, unless you're planning on doing something spectacular beyond just listing the character's class and a few other fiddly sentences, I'd shy away from it, it's one more added thing you really do not need when the client's skill gump works fine.

In terms of who owns what code wise, I'm not sure how anyone can tell from a screen shot of an in game image if that is 100% theirs and if that's not something that can be proven, chalk it up to imitation being the best form of flattery.

I'll if I remember tonight look into the old Sanctuary scripts tonight see if I can find their book script. I have no specs on what type of class system you want nor do I know exactly what this book is supposed to be doing, replace skill journal gump or used in tandem to display additional information. If you can give me a clear idea on the type of class system you want I won't promise anything but I might be interested in taking on your class system. No promises as it'll just depend on how in depth it is and I need clear direction. If however you want a class system that's different, I'm going to throw this out there, I might be willing to release my class system I wrote a couple years ago based on but slightly different to Pangaea Class System.

The way I wrote it makes adding, changing or otherwise altering a class' skill list very easy and while not 100% complete, there's only a few things I'd need to finish.

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Say hello

Post by Yukiko » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:48 am

Harley wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:53 am

Kiko, I don't say about someone else's scripts, all of us start to use someone code, for example our distro))
I said that I worked on .mul files, myself, about 1 year, and this "Trike" use them without agreement with me. That's all! And after that, I won't to help such kind of people like this man. :deadhorse:
And Kiko, I'm begging you, first understand the situation, and then write phrases like
Yukiko wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:43 pm
So please do not let one person drive you away.
Harley, Trike asked for a script that creates a book in the example. There is no indication that he intends to use "your" muls. More to the point, did you, Harley, get permission from the original owner of the artwork in the muls, OSI/EA/Broadsword (whoever owns the IP for the muls shipped with UO) to perform derivative modifications to those muls? If not then you are "guilty" of plagiarism as well. In fact, many people are guilty of plagiarism if they have ever tweaked the graphics in the muls unless they completely replaced all of the graphics with their own original artwork.

Please understand, I am not passing judgement on anyone. I am merely pointing out that we are too quick to pass judgement on someone when we may be guilty of the same thing.

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Say hello

Post by Yukiko » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:59 am

Trike wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:57 am
it’s hard for me to learn the escript because my native language is Russian, I can hardly understand much myself, because I don’t know English well, but I have a dream to restore the server, my and many of my friends dreams, so I’ll try, but I’ll make this server many people are waiting it was temporary when 300 people played on the 095 core this server Odessa from my area was called New Dream World, better than the server I couldn’t even see the sphere on the emulator
If you are not using a translator programme, I must tell you, your English is good, better than my Russian. :)
I don't speak Russian at all.

I know we have a few members who speak Russian. Perhaps one of them can send you a personal message and offer some help when you have a question.

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:21 am

Yukiko wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:59 am
Trike wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:57 am
it’s hard for me to learn the escript because my native language is Russian, I can hardly understand much myself, because I don’t know English well, but I have a dream to restore the server, my and many of my friends dreams, so I’ll try, but I’ll make this server many people are waiting it was temporary when 300 people played on the 095 core this server Odessa from my area was called New Dream World, better than the server I couldn’t even see the sphere on the emulator
If you are not using a translator programme, I must tell you, your English is good, better than my Russian. :)
I don't speak Russian at all.

I know we have a few members who speak Russian. Perhaps one of them can send you a personal message and offer some help when you have a question.
Yes, I need help, I'm still trying to make the titles and I'm already at the limit, I kind of ask at 130 Mastera he gives me Grandmastera

Trike
Journeyman Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Say hello

Post by Trike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:14 pm

ThisIsMe wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:19 am
Well I'm not really sure what's going on in that screen shot, I have seen a similar skill book in WoD or Sanctuary and those were I know for a fact always made available for public use. So there'd be no issues with using those,the issue being that for what you're looking to do I don't believe which ever shard I originally saw it on (we're going back circa 2003) I don't recall having a class system.

I will point out that as a player I was and have never been a fan of shards that use a secondary skill tracker, unless you're planning on doing something spectacular beyond just listing the character's class and a few other fiddly sentences, I'd shy away from it, it's one more added thing you really do not need when the client's skill gump works fine.

In terms of who owns what code wise, I'm not sure how anyone can tell from a screen shot of an in game image if that is 100% theirs and if that's not something that can be proven, chalk it up to imitation being the best form of flattery.

I'll if I remember tonight look into the old Sanctuary scripts tonight see if I can find their book script. I have no specs on what type of class system you want nor do I know exactly what this book is supposed to be doing, replace skill journal gump or used in tandem to display additional information. If you can give me a clear idea on the type of class system you want I won't promise anything but I might be interested in taking on your class system. No promises as it'll just depend on how in depth it is and I need clear direction. If however you want a class system that's different, I'm going to throw this out there, I might be willing to release my class system I wrote a couple years ago based on but slightly different to Pangaea Class System.

The way I wrote it makes adding, changing or otherwise altering a class' skill list very easy and while not 100% complete, there's only a few things I'd need to finish.
There is nothing dynamic or specific in my class system, this book displays a percentage from 0 to 150, on each page there is my own class and its skills, I can certainly throw you screenshots of each page if you are interested.

Post Reply