A question about the 'decayat' member.

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

A question about the 'decayat' member.

Post by Yukiko »

While I was working on the crafting system upgrade to the Distro (Yes. I am still working on it.) I had dropped 2 barracuda on the ground. One decayed as expected. One, however, remains after more than a week. I found this puzzling. Tonight I checked the value of the decayat member and it was 0. This, of course, tells the decay system to leave the item in the world. I still do not know how the member was cleared. I will have to look further into that because both fish were dropped within seconds of each other.

Anyway, that is not my question. Tonight I picked up the fish and dropped it in my backpack and then dropped it on the ground again. I checked the decayat member and it was still set to 0. I thought that an item's decayat member was reset if it was picked up and dropped on the ground again. Is it only reset if it is not 0?
Turley
POL Developer

Re: A question about the 'decayat' member.

Post by Turley »

Yes decay_at with the value of 0 means disabled decay, so once it's 0 the core will never touch it again.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: A question about the 'decayat' member.

Post by Yukiko »

Ok. Good to know. That means that if I have an item I want to set decayat 0 then I will need to attach a control script to reset the decayat if I want the item to decay later.

This behavior seems a bit inconsistent. I would think POL would reset decayat upon dropping the item in the world.