view range

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

atreiu
Grandmaster Poster

view range

Post by atreiu »

is it possible to enlarge view range to objects for player and change distance when core send 0x78?
mb in cfg like SpeechRange or DefaultDoubleclickRange but i din't found anything
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: view range

Post by Yukiko »

Do you want to extend the viewable area in the game window? I do not believe that is possible from POL.. The client controls the viewable area. However there is a third party client that makes this possible. It looks like the UO client but has enhancements. It is called Orion UO. It is still in development and some things are not yet implemented but it is the best third party client I have ever seen. Check it out and see if it does what you are looking for.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

Yukiko wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:37 am Do you want to extend the viewable area in the game window? I do not believe that is possible from POL.. The client controls the viewable area. However there is a third party client that makes this possible. It looks like the UO client but has enhancements. It is called Orion UO. It is still in development and some things are not yet implemented but it is the best third party client I have ever seen. Check it out and see if it does what you are looking for.
It's a server decision to send info about items/multis/pcs/npcs in selected range. No matter which settings has a client, when server wont send objects.
As far as i know, POL has 18 tiles range hardcoded, and it cannot be changed.
atreiu
Grandmaster Poster

Post by atreiu »

i hate core because it's related with my job and i fully relax in script engine only =)) many times i';ve tried to avoid to take a look on POL core because of that but woow there so many interesting stuff =)) seems like i found what to do for a while :)

yes it's hardcoded

#define RANGE_VISUAL 18
#define RANGE_VISUAL_LARGE_BUILDINGS 18 // 31?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Yes. That is different from what I thought you were asking. The Core only sends information on items and mobiles within 18 squares. When you said "view range" I thought you meant the view in the game window.
atreiu
Grandmaster Poster

Post by atreiu »

Code: Select all

#define RANGE_VISUAL 25
#define RANGE_VISUAL_LARGE_BUILDINGS 25
then i see mobiles in 25 tiles but only grahpics and if mob have human graphic then all them without dress, items on land is invisible. if object created in 18 tiles then all ok. at this moment i didn;t found is it because of should be extra done in core or this is client restriction.