Account.txt Delete.

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Dyniak
New User

Account.txt Delete.

Post by Dyniak »

I greet everyone very warmly. With English, I will not be able to help Google translator.
Pol 099
Distro PvP Arena here from the forum. The problem is that when you start POL, the contents of the account.txt are deleted. I get a blank file. On the server is an autoaccount and without a problem, the account is encrypted. The problem is that you can not give any admin account ... admin / admin account is not authorized. Even when it interferes with the file, adding cmdlvl does not produce any results. I have tried to do it on other versions of POL, too. I have no idea where to look for this error PLEASE HELP.

Below are the logs from Pola

https://www.4shared.com/file/2q_X_wSpei/pol.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/EEAYYDC8ei/start.html
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Account.txt Delete.

Post by Yukiko »

If I understand you there is a problem with the accounts.txt file.. If it is missing or a there is a problem with the admin account try using this as the account setting.

Code: Select all

Name	admin
	Password	admin
	Enabled	1
	Banned	0
	DefaultCmdLevel	test
	UOExpansion	TOL
}
/code]
Dyniak
New User

Post by Dyniak »

Problem I have a file with admin account. When you start POL, the account.txt file will be cleared. Show you an example.

https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/43643c3e6422fc05

Now when you start POL

https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/65b70a908e8351bd
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Are you saying POL is deleting the contents of the accounts.txt file? I have never had that happen. I think one of the Core developers needs to help you but I will try to find the problem also.
Dyniak
New User

Post by Dyniak »

You see the example. The content of the account.txt file is. When POL starts the content disappears. POL 099 downloaded from the polserver website. Disctro also. I'm not sure where to find the problem ... /
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I did see your example. After you stated POL it clears accounts.txt. That is what is happening. So the next time you open the file it is empty. Correct? I have never had that happen. That is why I think one of the programmers who works on the POL Core can help you.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

As far I remember, POL creates bak files. On loading, the server will prioritize the bak file instead of txt file.

Dyniak, close the server. Once you feel safe doing so, zip your current data folder THEN remove all .bak from your folder ( after making a safe backup ). Restart POL with the desired changes within your txt and you'll be ok.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Don't delete pol.txt from the data folder though. POL will not start if that file is deleted. It has information inside that POL needs to start.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

And you need to have an account defined in accounts txt. Use the example I posted earlier. One thing you should know is you cannot change any txt file in the data folder if POL is running. To add the account information to accounts.txt you must shut down POL by pressing control-c in the POL console. That is the proper way to shut down POL.