Flying NPC's

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

atreiu
Grandmaster Poster

Flying NPC's

Post by atreiu »

Hello

i will try to create flying NPC. exist this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3046 but i decide to create another thread because i have some questions.

Once i move NPC by MoveObjectToLocation() he play walking animation. but all creatures waving their wings only when run. i've tried to performaction() but MoveObjectToLocation() send walk animation per each movement so it's not looking good.

my first guess was to play around some packets for sending flying animation to player but i didn't try yet because of MoveObjectToLocation() and walk animation.

Maybe exist possibility to do some kind of PlayMovingEffect() but with dragon? =)

So i hope POL developers guide me what packet to use before i will dive in packet's bytes investigation.

Thanks in advance.
atreiu
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Flying NPC's

Post by atreiu »

haha lol created tiles for NPC movement as result looks good :D
seems like this solution is satisfy me
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Could you post a sample of what you did? It might help others who have the same problem.
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Yup, I'm curios
atreiu
Grandmaster Poster

Post by atreiu »

i've told you how to do in second post, read it carefully.
sorry guys some years i wanna create cool stuffs just for my shard only, uniqueness is give my motivation.
so don't blame me please
Last edited by atreiu on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

There are times when I can understand not sharing "features" but when those "features" involve overcoming a limitation of POL I think it is bad form (in other words wrong) to post videos and brag about your abilities on a forum that is specifically devoted to the improvement of POL and helping others to improve their abilities and scripts. That is of course my opinion but I am certain I am not alone in this, especially because you posted first asking for help with the problem.
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB »

By the sounds of it, he's maybe doing 1 of 2 things.
  1. The npc creates a hidden tile infront of it which it can move to which would be above the normal max z height of the world
  2. He's maybe modified the world files to include a hidden layer above the max z height which allows the dragon to fly around on that level without being obstructed by items.
My guess would be the first one which would allow the npc to dynamically look like its moving up and down above stuff.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I agree that the first one makes more sense. Having dynamically created and destroyed tiles is probably what he's doing lest players be able to walk on tiles that are permanent.