SendSysMessageUC and unicode

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Duttones
Apprentice Poster

SendSysMessageUC and unicode

Post by Duttones »

Does anyone know if the most recent client versions is working with POL SendSysMessageUC ? I tried everything to make it works, and after two years I don't see any change in this.

The problem is the message simple doesn't show up in the client.

Another thing is regarding fonts for unicode. PrintTextAboveUC and PrintTextAbovePrivateUC works fine, but I can't change the font for the texts. I tried numbers between 1 and 10. I read that the font numbers for UC is different from the one used for PrintText, but can't figured out where I can find them. In UoFiddler, the numbers is the same, just changing the displayed font.

Thanks,
Vitor.
flamewing
Neophyte Poster

Re: SendSysMessageUC and unicode

Post by flamewing »

hi,there.
sorry for my bad english.
if you can understand my english.
maybe this can help you.

viewtopic.php?t=5966
here is my question post.
maybe you can find some way to fix your script.

and here is my scripts in my questnpc of the “Chinesization Zuluhotel” programe .
var needhelptext:=array{0x6211,0x9700,0x8981,0x4e00,0x4f4d,0x52c7,0x6562,0x7684,0x5192,0x96aa,0x5bb6,0x4f86,0x5e6b,0x52a9,0x6211};
SayUC(needhelptext,"default","CHT",1);
first of all,unicode fonts can't be in your scripts like :
SayUC(你好,"default","CHT",1);
//because i'm a chinese,so i used chinese.
you must make a characters "array" for your sendsysmessageuc code.
you can see my code up there I made a array for my SayUC code.
and "sendsysmessageuc" just like the SayUC.
Duttones
Apprentice Poster

Post by Duttones »

I took months to realize my packet hook for the unicode speech was breaking it.

Now I just can't figure out how to set different font types for Unicode. it seems that doesn't matter what I put on font type, it doesn't change.
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB »

I think from memory last time there were discussions about UC that from what we can tell the core is sending the packets correctly as intended and that something has changed on the client side.

I think someone was going to look into logging some packets from the client to find out if anything has changed on the font front. I don't think it ended up happening though.
Duttones
Apprentice Poster

Post by Duttones »

wow, sadly to know that =[.

I can't look at this now, my shard need a lot of bugfixes to be released this month. But I will look to fix it someday.