Questions with regards to Cliloc functionality

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Questions with regards to Cliloc functionality

Post by ThisIsMe »

So I am going through and working on a static housing package and am slowly rewriting and moving stuff over to using cliloc messages, I have a few questions with regards to PrintTextAbovePrivateCL and PrintTextAboveCL.

In both instances, when it prints the message above the item it is says:
"System: Lockdown Failed"

where as PrintTextAbove (thus not using the clilocs but a custom string) would normally read out in the journal as:
"a robe: Lockdown Failed"

Is there a fix for this on my end? Or can this be fixed in the PrintTextAboveCL and PrintTextAbovePrivateCL functions? Or am I just stuck with the System thing?

Obviously I am hoping it can be fixed somehow and yes, I know I am a nutcase for using clilocs :D

On a more broader question, SendSysMessageCL, PrintTextAboveCL and PrintTextAbovePrivateCL do not seem to want to accept a different font type, anyone else have this issue (I presume I am probably one of the many few who are using clilocs)? I and Yukiko both tried many different things to get the aforementioned cliloc message functions to accept a different font but alas, our efforts were in vain.
kevin
POL Developer

Re: Questions with regards to Cliloc functionality

Post by kevin »

Well, it looks like "System" is hard-coded in the core https://github.com/polserver/polserver/ ... nc.cpp#L54 which is a lot different of how it's handled for non-CL messages https://github.com/polserver/polserver/ ... .cpp#L1329. I would suggest making the CL one function like the non-CL, taking the object's description instead of hard-coded "System".

As far as the the font-type issue... That, I do not know. It appears to be passed from the module to the packet properly from a data flow perspective.
kevin
POL Developer

Post by kevin »

@ThisIsMe, this has been addressed in the most recent commit.
-- POL099 --
07-17-2017 Kevin:
Fixed: PrintTextAbove*CL() now behaves similarly to PrintTextAbove*() functions, displaying the object's description instead of "System".
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe »

Thanks, to be clear, this also addresses the printtextaboveprivatecl?

I'm sorry to be a bother about trivial matters.
kevin
POL Developer

Post by kevin »

Yes
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Kevin, I am not seeing that commit. The last one Git Desktop for Windows is showing is a month ago by Nando. The Git repo for polserver website shows it but Git Desktop doesn't. Hmmm....
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Must have had something to do with the merge of the two branches because I see it when I click on the "blip" denoting the merge.