Buff Icon Window

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Harley
Forum Regular

Re: Buff Icon Window

Post by Harley »

Thank u for video! U are right!
I have a question, u use separate scripts for buff & debuff or a single function to all buff&debuff spells?
I mean that I use a single function, which reads what spells from spells.cfg & there is in .cfg effects for each buff & debuff spells. And I think this version of script not suitable for packets... as a version...
Harley
Forum Regular

Post by Harley »

If someone need help for this topic, read this one.
viewtopic.php?t=1236
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe »

Well I recently looked into this packet and stumbled across a bit more information on this packet specifically, I am not sure how the packet is assembled in the core using the build in methods but the pol packet guide does not have as much information as is over here on this packet list site so it would be handy if one of the devs could look into it and potentially update accordingly either the pol packet guide or the methods themselves (which is what I am hoping for) if they need to be.

Just do a search for DF on the page linked below and you can see all the new info I am talking about.

ruosi
Pumpkins
Apprentice Poster

Post by Pumpkins »

Im working right now with CronosKing to add buff icons to our shard. If the devs are willing to take a close look at this feature we can test the changes and give feedback.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Before someone adds these packets via escript:
char.addBuff() char.clearBuffs(), char.delBuff() should do the trick ;)
Harley
Forum Regular

Post by Harley »

Turley wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:40 am Before someone adds these packets via escript:
char.addBuff() char.clearBuffs(), char.delBuff() should do the trick ;)
Is this tricks works with POL099 or beggining with POL100?
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

12-05-2015 Bodom:
Added: Buff Bar support
New Character's addBuff(), delBuff() and clearBuffs() methods,
please see docs for details and explanation.
0xDF packets are automatically sent when needed (eg. at relogin).
Buff Bar status is not saved, maybe it will be in future.

So pol099
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe »

The link I posted is specifically because there appears to be more information there then the pol packet guide has, not sure if you looked at it Turley but I guess my question without really asking it was:

Does or should the methods that work with this packet need to be updated with the new information?

Is the information in the packet guide I linked new information that maybe Bodom did not have at the time?

I just want to make sure you aren't bored and run out of things to do after all Turley :D

If there is new information in the packet guide I linked for this buff, it might be worth adding if at all easily possible is all.
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB »

I started editing our packet page and then stopped for lack of a better description.
This site: http://uo.torfo.org/packetguideKR/ Seems to flesh it out a little more in that it looks like the packet can be used for either updating buff or also some sort of notification of the attribute changes (not sure if that means hard coded buff bar icons for set attributes).
Might need a little more investigating but it does look like we now need a switch in the core between the 2 systems(stupid OSI).
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

If you go to the main page http://uo.torfo.org/
there are more links to other packet guides as well as other UO related sites.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Atleast all official available servers have the same opinion about the packetstructure and that's equal to our packet documentation.
But if someone has the notion to fiddle around he is free to test the packet layout like documented on the ruosi site. Maybe we really miss some feature.