Got a project for a scripter, willing to donate their time

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Got a project for a scripter, willing to donate their time

Post by Zaksmeer »

What I would like to do is make a world teleporter for my shard. Where I can lay down teleporters and be able to edit the locations, towns, dungeons, all by realm names, and be able to add any custom locations.

I think this would be a great addition to my shard and for anyone else who would want to use it.

Thank you for reading this.
Austin
Former Developer

Re: Got a project for a scripter, willing to donate their ti

Post by Austin »

Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Zaksmeer »

Yes, I have those, but they are one way teleporters. I was hoping for something like the system moongates but with the ability to place them anywhere.
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

Each tile sends something to a destination. You put a tile on each side and its a two-way teleport.
You need to put a lot more detail down for what exactly it is you're looking for.
Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Zaksmeer »

Think of it as a general teleporter. Its just like the system teleporters but instead you can place them anywhere and edit the cfg file to allow for different destinations. I have included 2 pictures of such a thing on a different shard, but this shard is ran under the runuo structure, I would like to see something like that for pol.
Attachments
teleporter02.jpeg
teleporter02.jpeg (2.25 KiB) Viewed 5057 times
teleporter01.jpeg
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

Ill see if I get some time / motivation to create something like that.
Its pretty easy - It would just need a config file and the gumps package to make a gump based on the config elements.

Check your objtypes.txt in the POL root directory for a free object type for the walk on tile and let me know what ID use.