pvp arena system

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Joey
New User

pvp arena system

Post by Joey »

some one have a good auto pvp arena system for player that i can use.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: pvp arena system

Post by Yukiko »

I have two arena systems. One is designed for the Jhelom arena. It is a simple arena system. The other one I have is a more versatile arena system designed by Austin Heilman. If you know anything about his scripts then you know they are pretty well organized. If I were to recommend one I'd say Austin's is better. It offers several different types of arena games, PVM, PVP, FFA (Free for All) and TB (Team Battle). The documentation describes the four types.

There is one problem with these scripts. They are all written prior to POL 0.96. So if you are using any POL Core version after POL 0.96 you will have to convert them. Let me know if you want them.
Joey
New User

Post by Joey »

i think i have the arena of jelhom in the fire pit. but im using pol 99 core. so that probably why i have difficulty to make it work XD. can i get a fast tutorial to know how to converte those file into pol 99 scripte ? and yea im surely gonna try the other one you got if you tell me that it better.
Agata
Journeyman Poster

Post by Agata »

The World of Dreams scripts have an arena system. I have them running with a POL 099 server.

http://code.google.com/p/new-uo-wod-scripts/
Joey
New User

Post by Joey »

ooo thank you :) im gonna try this right now and give you feed back soon :) thx again ^^
Joey
New User

Post by Joey »

i have this error when i compile since i add the arena system into my script do you know why ?

Compiling: ./pkg/systems/arena/arena.src
Case mismatch:
Specified: objtype.inc
Filesystem: objType.inc
Unable to read include file 'C:\ZH099\pkg\systems\arena\include/gumps.inc'
Compilation failed.
Agata
Journeyman Poster

Post by Agata »

Sounds like you don't have gumps.inc file. It is located in \099\scripts\include\, just copy it to C:\ZH099\scripts\include\
Joey
New User

Post by Joey »

haha right thx XD :)
Joey
New User

Post by Joey »

it this possible to get only the arena system ;/ i have difficulty to extract all the file I need for this beautiful arena :)
Agata
Journeyman Poster

Post by Agata »

If it asks for an include file while compiling, then it is needed. Can't use the arena system if you don't have the necessary building blocks for compiling it.

Also check the \099\scripts\misc\chrdeath.src file, there is a check for automatically resurrecting players who die inside the arena.