Journal

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Journal

Post by gundamwing84 »

hi guys, me again (arnt you exited!? lol) i dont have an error this time, but i do have a scripting question.

on the paperdoll where the buttons are (chat, skills, etc) i want to setup a script for the quest button to open up my journal (ive already changed over my button to journal instead of quests) but im not sure what calling i would use to do that, i skimmed through the modules but couldnt find a function that opens up the journal :s

any help would be appreciated
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Journal

Post by Yukiko »

You'd probably benefit from reading the documentation on packets. There's a subcommand of the Generic AOS Commands packet that specifically addresses pressing the "quest" button.
SubCommand 0x32: Sent when client pushes the Quest Button on the paperdoll.
I've never written a packet hook but that's what you'll need to do to get the functionality you want.

If you don't want to go that far you can always advise players to just press <alt> j to bring up the journal : )
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

if I remember correctly the journal opening and closing is handled totally client side so there is no way to open it or close it from serverside.
gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Post by gundamwing84 »

hmmm its weird because i used to play a shard called Shadowcove, and they changed the quest button over to a journal button and synced it in the client. they used POL aswell wich gets me thinking how they've done it. as far as packethooks go im not nearlly good enough a scripter to do that :( thanks for your help anyways, guys :) as always much appreciated for the reply's
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Then they simply faked the journal with a gump.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

gundamwing84 wrote:hmmm its weird because i used to play a shard called Shadowcove, and they changed the quest button over to a journal button and synced it in the client. they used POL aswell wich gets me thinking how they've done it. as far as packethooks go im not nearlly good enough a scripter to do that :( thanks for your help anyways, guys :) as always much appreciated for the reply's
Are you sure?
What client version they are using?

Journal button was on paperdoll until 4th or 5th client version
gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Post by gundamwing84 »

:x i know that they used pol 94 or 95
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Right but it's the client, ie. the version of Ultima Online, that matters. Thankfully we still have the ability to set a macro key to open it.
gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Post by gundamwing84 »

ahh i see :( oh well...guess ill put a guild function there or something lol