no skill gains

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

bazinga
New User

no skill gains

Post by bazinga »

i recently got the 99distro from the site here and set it up and rewrite a mining script for it. then when i began testing i found that i wasnt getting skill gains, i did on the fly testing using gm char with setting skills to max. at first i thought it was something in my code and after alot of testing and debugging i found that no skills are gaining, i went back and setup another default distro server and same problem. is there any setting that maybe disables skill gains that im overlooking?

please really need help sorting this, my hands are tied till i can atleast test. i really dont want to use 97
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: no skill gains

Post by Yukiko »

I don't think it's the core causing the lack of skill gains because I'm using the 0.99 Development Release (pol-core-099-2010-01-02.zip) and my server is giving skill gains.
bazinga
New User

Post by bazinga »

97 and 98 is working fine if i compile those , but default 99 doesnt even give me gains :< wth?

what can be causing this?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I'm not familiar with the current Distro. There might be a setting in it that disables skill gains but I don't know. I can't see why Edwards would have put that in there. Sorry I couldn't help you.