Gump Question

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pachacuti
Apprentice Poster

Gump Question

Post by Pachacuti »

Is there any way for me to track a gumps position in the screen?

I mean, I have a custom cartography sistem, and there's a gump for the map. When you click in a marked position of the map, a button in the gump, another gump, a king of tooltip appears right over the marked position, bringing information about it. The problem is: id the player moves the gump, the tooltip wont appear right over the marked position. I would like to track the new gump position, so, that way I could make the tooltip appear right over the button.

Any way of doing that? I know they're totally different, but some day I saw something like this in a sphere server....

Thanks...
Tomi
POL Developer

Re: Gump Question

Post by Tomi »

Answer to your question is no..

That is handled fully clientside, only way to accomplish that would be with a custom client or a gump locked to some coordinates and not let the players move it.
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

If you can close a gump in a looping script.. that maintains the script PID, newer clients will save the location... during that login session.
Once the client is closed, itll reset.
Pachacuti
Apprentice Poster

Post by Pachacuti »

So, lets recycle the topic and make another question.

Can I force a gump to close, or know if it is closed or not? And could I do the same with container gumps?
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

check uo.em functions

CloseGump( character, pid, response := 0 );

and

CloseWindow( character, type, object );
babybasher
New User

Post by babybasher »

Austin wrote:If you can close a gump in a looping script.. that maintains the script PID, newer clients will save the location... during that login session.
Once the client is closed, itll reset.
Sorry to ressurect an old topic. But how would you go about doing this?