Mounts..

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Mounts..

Post by boberski » Fri May 05, 2017 1:55 am

Kiko maybe push update to distros with this mount problem? Albo it would be nice to give most up to date uoconvert.cfg :)
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko » Fri May 05, 2017 12:48 pm

gh0sterZA - Thanks again for those links. I revisited the UO site and did find them. They're kind of hidden there. I didn't realize you have to click the <Play> button and then you get the download options. :)

Boberski - Already in the works. My son just has to get me the necessary files for the "Distro" tonight and I am making the additions to the Distro_Alt as soon as I click <submit> to this post :)
Sincerely,
Yukiko

I would tell you a UDP joke but you might not get it.

Titus 2:13

ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe » Sun May 07, 2017 2:00 am

Mount stuff complete, i will ship it out later today to Yukiko.

I will advise however, that these additions need to be reviewed, I more than likely made some mistakes while adding them in terms of the cprops and all that jazz that are used because NPC stuff has been the furthest from my mind in terms of actually adding them and editing at this point so with this in mind, I do not have the faintest idea on what some of the stuff in each entry does. I went threw and added the sounds to the mobs I could using a ServUO copy I use for reference for many things.

The ethereal mounts for instance, due to the way they are handled on the official servers and thus ServUO, I simple copy and pasted their normal counterparts and made the necessary changes including assigning them a color of 0x4001 but their stats are the same.

I also put in a few comments on some of the mobs.

the folders affected are undead (moved nightmare into the horses folder, not sure why this was in this folder), horses, animals, canine, llama, ostard, spider and unicorn.

I also added a couple new folders to the AI_desc confusion: beetle, ki-rin, savage, and swamp dragon. I added these as I could not find a decent folder for the new mount types, while beetles could have gone in scarab, the graphics used for the scarab mobs appear to be the red ant graphics, the savage folder holds the ridgebacks as the ridgebacks are part of the savage npc mobs on the official shards/ServUO, swamp dragon cause well, they're called dragons but they certainly dont look like them and ki-rin cause they are another strange breed.

To make a short story long I will zip up these the necessary folders and what not and ship em off to Yukiko to get the changes made. (Just review the changes and make sure they fit in to your world, I used more official stats and skill numbers where i could so depending the mobs may be too weak or strong for your world.)

edit: forgot to mention, the stats and skills use the min max references from ServUO/UOGuide so each Ki-Rin as an example will be different from the next spawned.

To RusseL:
I am using client version 7.0.58.12 and have had no issues with it. I am running Edwards' distro, not sure on what core is running on there to be honest, think it was compiled in October 2016? So not the newest obviously.

As for running a shard, I am not there yet, there is a lot I want to do including ripping most of the npcs out and starting from scratch there, fixing some of the quirks I don't like with the crafting stuff and a plethora of other things I want to put in, the list tends to not shrink with me as ideas ping pong around my head and I am still by no means anywhere near good at scripting stuff so it is slow going to say the least.

Boats move smooth which is a nice change from being a player on a shard where the boats move chunk by chunk.

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko » Sun May 07, 2017 8:06 pm

The Edwards "Distro" is updated on GiT. Have at it folks.

:)
Sincerely,
Yukiko

boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski » Tue May 09, 2017 12:48 am

Also there is a package on http://pol.uo.hyeah.pl/ as well as TestSharw is up to date with new Distro (official one).
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

b0ris
New User

Post by b0ris » Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 am

Does any of you have a small dragon racing graphic?
Can we match any creature to ride?

b0ris
New User

Post by b0ris » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:42 am

refresh, some one help ?

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:47 am

New mountavailaible. Thanks to ThisIsMe for info on the palomino.
NPC ObjType is 0x580
mount type is 0x3ECD

Don't forget to add the mount type to uoconvert mounts and run uoconvert to regenerate tiles.cfg

The repos have been updated.
Sincerely,
Yukiko