read_light_level

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

coltain
Grandmaster Poster

read_light_level

Post by coltain »

Hallo

Is there a possibility to read a persons actual light level? I`ve searched packet list but have not noticed any useful.

I want to compare a light level I send with actual in UO. This is to prevent using a razor feature.
ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Re: read_light_level

Post by ncrsn »

As far as I know, no.

Closest thing you can do is to save lightlevel of character every time it is send by server; but, this doesn't help you in this case, as what server tells the client to do forces nothing.

If you have a working day/night cycle you could of course add a how dark is it out there -check, with some options like "not dark at all" and so on. I wouldn't do that, but maybe someone out there likes the idea.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

I also don't know packet to read the clients light level.

But even if such a packet would exist, you can't prevent Razor from setting the "always light", because it is done on your players computer. I think Razor simply blocks packet 0x4e and 0x4f and sends upon start "light on" ;)
I hate that, too. It makes a lot of items pretty useless and players can't sell these ones.
coltain
Grandmaster Poster

Post by coltain »

Yes, I cannot break throught razor block

But I could disconnect a player that has a different light set that I send.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

*g* The bad way. If you find that packet, tell us. I like that :D
I would do it the same way, but i think there is no way yet :shame: