DOS Attack...

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

*Edwards
Forum Regular

DOS Attack...

Post by *Edwards »

I'm not sure where I could post this kind of things.

I've read about these kinds of attacks and it's really hard to find a solution. Our shard of 150players average will goes down now until the new version is made (running pol097 ;) ) because of all this shit... You know how it is a lot of work to get a shard working stable and fun to play and how we can be devoted sometimes.... I would strongly have a hint how to stop or prevent Dos Attack. I'm just ... I just feel mad about it.

Oh and by the way.. Internal Web Server is disable...
Xpatriat
New User

Post by Xpatriat »

I'll try to help if I can. Some questions for you...

How do you know you are being attacked? What type of attack is it? There are lots of different kinds of DOS attacks. Some are trivial to block, some are complex to block. Also, the more systems involved, the harder it will be to block. But that's still relative to how they are attacking.

Any POL logs, IDS/IPS logs, tcpdump output and/or iptables packet logs could help. Don't just post stuff here, but just say what you have, and describe what you see. If there's something that could be analyzed in the types of logs you have, we'll work out what you'll need to send.
Demostenes
Neophyte Poster

Post by Demostenes »

You can have some firewalls/packet filters to filter some more specific kinds of DOS attacks (usually using some "bugs" in protocol design). But if attacker is just flooding and has enough of bandtwich, there is NOTHING, you can do. Even if you are discarding such packets, they are blocking your line...
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

"flooding and has enough of bandtwich, there is NOTHING, you can do". We got a 100mbits/s but he is using like 3 differents servers against us... Fuck it I'm really disapointed.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

"flooding and has enough of bandtwich, there is NOTHING, you can do". We got a 100mbits/s but he is using like 3 differents servers against us... Fuck it I'm really disapointed.
Xpatriat
New User

Post by Xpatriat »

Contact me via IM and I will do my best to help you. Yes - it may be difficult or complex, but the problem CAN be tackled. I have experience handling small-scale attacks such as this on servers and networks.