External Webserver and Emailer.

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

*Edwards
Forum Regular

External Webserver and Emailer.

Post by *Edwards »

I would make my internal webserver more secured. I know there is a way to redirect webserver to another kind of file that will make it no-direct with .ecl file from my website... I need to know a briefing about it... Also I would like to know if there is a tool or just a getting started for the use of an emailer that could be used to distribute a password or activate an account creation to specific email... I don't know where to start at all and didn't find anything yet about it.

Thank you.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I would strongly suggest you DON'T expose the pol internal web server to the internet. It's always been stated that it has some vulnerabilities.

I think in the custom scripts forum there are some clues to help you on your way. You can use external programs to exchange data with pol using EVENTS. Look for "auxilliary" or "aux". However, in most cases you would have to write them, but there might be some Perl examples to help. I know more than one of us would be interested in finding out if you managed to develop some things and could share them.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

That's noted. Is this the same for the emailer thingy?
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I haven't seen an automated e-mailer, BUT you could use the internal webserver to e-mail out the account details after you create it using the internal web server. I know that's not what you want though.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

bah I will think about the concept of it. Might start the work shortly. Thanks.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Just following the internal pol server discussion...

I remember a post made a long time ago (that wasn't on this forum) by Zulu. It was a really nice getting started to get your player's description on web. Just wondering if someone still remember and have the package. I would be glad if it could be shared again to the community. It was a really nice feature even if it's exposing Internal Pol WebServer. :)
MontuZ
Forum Regular

Post by MontuZ »

Edwards - Just in case you missed it;
http://forums.polserver.com/ftopic2034.php
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Yeah, nice looking.