We have a new repository on polserver GitHub

This forum is for general questions and comments about shard development that are not related directly to scripting. Topics can be related to map making and editing, adding new tile art and gump art, role play (RP) style versus non RP style shards or any topic about general shard development.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

We have a new repository on polserver GitHub

Post by Yukiko »

This repository was created because Carl Hamilton of the Darkshard website has kindly released all of his maps, dungeon sections and custom GUIs (gumps) to the POL Community to share with the entire UO development community. He used to create maps and sell the MULs and UOPs for around $15 US for each map. Then of late, he was selling all of his creations plus other resources on a DVD or a flash drive for around $45 US but a few months ago he shut down his website and ceased selling his work. I contacted him about two weeks ago via email and asked him, as he was no longer selling his maps, if he would donate them to the POL Community. He responded that he would be happy to release them to us. This repository will not be limited to Carl's work however. I am hopeful that it will become a resource for shard developers to submit their custom graphics and other resources.

Though the repository has a POL scripts section, it is more of a client based resource repository.
Here is the link.
From the main ReadMe.md
POL and UO shard development related files
This repo will contain artwork for enhancing UO and various files, such as eScript programmes (scripts), utilities, and other POL specific files.

The first set of files contributed to this repo are the maps, graphic enhancements and custom GUIs for the UO client created by Carl Hamilton of the now defunct Darkshard website. He was very gracious in providing these files. He used to sell his maps for $10-$15 USD in the early days and later made them available on the Darkshard Dev CD or Flash drive along with other third party graphics, utilities and emulators. He sold the Flash drive for $40 USD. Thanks to his generosity, his maps and the other original work done by him are now released for free. I have received from him via email permission to release them.

Note: We, the POL Developers, cannot provide support for the use of these files. They are presented as is. We are not responsible for any corruption of game files or data by using the files.

Yukiko
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: We have a new repository on polserver GitHub

Post by Yukiko »

I just completed moving the Yahoo! Script Forum scripts and Yukiko's Shard Collection from the legacy_scripts repo to the new related_resources repo. I may be doing a bit of organizing for those scripts. So be aware the folder structure might change in the near future.

Note that legacy Cores and legacy Distros are still in the legacy_scripts repo.