(server.cfg)(ip address) (going public) (friends logging into server)

If your problem is with a specific version of the distro or core, look below. If you are unsure, this is your place.
destroft
New User

(server.cfg)(ip address) (going public) (friends logging into server)

Post by destroft »

The reason for the title is because i have searched all of these on the forums and there isn't a good answer just someone says they fixed it no real explanation on how...

Okay so the problem i am having is i cant seem to make it so my friends can connect to the server. i have edited both the Server.cfg file and the Uoclient.cfg files. One for my ip address and one for a listener port 2593 respectfully. But no matter how much or how hard i try i cannot connect even on a different pc in my own house.

server.cfg looks like this

GameServer POL-WAN
{
Name Defiant
IP 96.19.229.102
Port 2593
}

(not going to be final name just threw something in there for now)

listener in UOclient.cfg looks like this

Protocol Protocol
{
EnableFlowControlPackets 0
}

Listener
{
Port 2593
Encryption none
AOSResistances 0
}

Pol.cfg doesn't have anything about listeners other then the web address and the debug ports.

i ave tried calling my isp they say nothing on there ends stopping it i have turned off firewall (temporarily) i have tried using a dns soooo now i come to you guys asking how to get this working XD
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Re: (server.cfg)(ip address) (going public) (friends logging into server)

Post by DevGIB »

Have you forwarded ports on your router?

You'd need to look for like a heading of "virtual server" or "port forward" or "services".

Feel free to jump on discord (if you're not already) and message me and i can try give you some help there.