What do the Min and Max settings for X and Y do for gumps in an itemdesc file?

If your problem is with a specific version of the distro or core, look below. If you are unsure, this is your place.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

What do the Min and Max settings for X and Y do for gumps in an itemdesc file?

Post by Yukiko »

I want to get an item to drop within a specific boundary of a particular open container's gump. I thought this was accomplished by manipulating the MinX, MaxX, MinY, and MaxY settings for the container's gump entry in an itemdesc.cfg file.

For example:

Code: Select all

MinX				8
	MaxX				40
	MinY				0
	MaxY				100
I have adjusted these values and the items still drop in the same bounds as before I adjusted the values. Did I misunderstand the function of these settings? If so, is there a way to change the boundaries that items will appear when dropped in an open container's gump and what is the purpose of these settings? If indeed these settings are supposed to affect the boundaries where items will appear in the gump then there is something amiss because they don't.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: What do the Min and Max settings for X and Y do for gumps in an itemdesc file?

Post by Yukiko »

Apparently, no one has any idea concerning MinX, MaxX etc.
Skinny
Expert Poster

Re: What do the Min and Max settings for X and Y do for gumps in an itemdesc file?

Post by Skinny »

https://github.com/polserver/polserver/ ... r.cpp#L717

Try to set MinX and MaxX same values, set MinY and MaxY same values. Check if changes.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

These values have only a meaning if the core is responsible of finding a spot in a container. For example if you drop the item onto the container item.
The client itself has per gump min/max coords (cannot remember if it is in some file defined or hard coded) which are used when the client drops an item onto a gump. The core takes the coords as is and will not move the item afterwards.
So the idea behind these settings is to mimic the client behaviour and not to modify it.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Ah. So they are analogous to defaults when dropped on a "closed" container. Too bad the client doesn't allow modifying the actual drop area for the gump.