Installation POL server

If your problem is with a specific version of the distro or core, look below. If you are unsure, this is your place.
BioMassya
New User

Installation POL server

Post by BioMassya »

Hello all. First I want to say that the configuration guides are very poor, and I do not quite understand how to install-compile-configure the server. I would like to make my own guide after I make this server up…
  • Downloaded Cmake 3.12..
  • Downloaded- installed Visual studio 2015
  • I run Cmake-gui->choose polserver-master root folder->choose bin-build subfolder in polserver-master folder->selected VS 2015 to compile
And i get this error
Error in configuration process, projects files may be invalid
Turley
POL Developer

Re: Installation POL server

Post by Turley »

First of all especially as a beginner I would suggest to simply use the binaries yukiko publishes the latest is:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6198

Second about building on your own:
2015 is possible but since you seem to have downloaded it I would suggest to use the latest version available that would be 2017.

The error msg I guess is not the only line which gets printed. I need the full log from the cmake GUI.
BioMassya
New User

Post by BioMassya »

Thanks, but I still don't get it how to run this.
In Core zip file no "bin-builder" folder. What i shoud set to source code in CMake, the root folder of Core?
May be i don't need to compile that Core…
Its already compiled I need just to run some .exe ?
Skinny
Expert Poster

Post by Skinny »

Tip: Don't use space in folder name. If you do, the "Open Project" button doesn't work.