A new, and Core build, is available for 2020-01-21

Here you can post threads on the development of the current release of the core (100)

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

A new, and Core build, is available for 2020-01-21

Post by Yukiko »

Among other things this build fixes the slow NPC load times.
You can find it on the Forum Downloads page.
From core-changes.txt:

Code: Select all

-- POL100 --
01-20-2020 Kevin:
    Fixed: Huge Performance loss in Lower/Upper String functions.
01-18-2020 DevGIB:
  Changed: Return type of XMLFile method .appendxmlnode() now returns the created node on success.
  Changed: Return type of XMLNode method .appendxmlnode() now returns the created node on success.
  Changed: Return type of XMLNode methods .setxmlattribute() and .removexmlattribute() now returns parent node on success.
01-12-2020 Kevin:
  Changed: On Windows, the pol.cfg setting UoDataFileRoot will now default to the directory of the Ultima Online installation found in
           the Windows Registry. This setting MUST be set for servers that do not have Ultima Online installed through the operating
           system, and MAY be set to use custom a client data files directory.
I will no longer be posting "minor" builds as we have the nightly builds available. Minor builds are builds that involve refactoring the internal Core code with no apparent changes to the user facing operation of the Core. I will post "major" builds that involve changes percieveable to the server developer or player. This release, I consider a major build due to the slow NPC load times fixed in this release and the other items in core-changes. To me the slow load times were more of an annoyance than an issue but some users have complained about it. So the Core developers, namely Kevin, corrected the issue. See the first item in the core-changes list for info.