A new, and important build, is available for 2020-01-04

Here you can post threads on the development of the current release of the core (100)

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

A new, and important build, is available for 2020-01-04

Post by Yukiko »

Among the things fixed or changed in this build are, a memory leak having to do with old style unicode arrays, a potential null pointer dereference issue, and AddAmount function now returns an itemref.

Please note that the AddItem() change could break some scripts if the script checks for an integer returned. You should search your scripts for AddItem and make any changes necessary. Also, a recompile of scripts is mandatory with this release.

From the core-changes.txt:

Code: Select all

-- POL100 --
01-04-2020 Turley:
    Fixed: Tabulator and newline chars where disallowed in CChr and the sanitize step of strings. (introduced with unicode support)
01-03-2020 DevGIB: 
  Changed: POTENTIAL BREAKING CHANGE! Updated AddAmount() function to return the item reference on success instead of 1.
           You'll need to check your scripts for AddAmount and make sure its not evaluated against 1 for success.
Go to the Downloads page. It will be available in my release section and at some point in the nightlies. I just don't know what time Turley set the nightlies to build. If I remember correctly they are supposed to build every time there is a successful build of the repo by GitHubs Actions.
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Re: A new, and important build, is available for 2020-01-04

Post by DevGIB »

Core changes:

Code: Select all

-- POL100 --
01-04-2020 Turley:
    Fixed: Tabulator and newline chars where disallowed in CChr and the sanitize step of strings. (introduced with unicode support)
01-03-2020 DevGIB: 
  Changed: POTENTIAL BREAKING CHANGE! Updated AddAmount() function to return the item reference on success instead of 1.
           You'll need to check your scripts for AddAmount and make sure its not evaluated against 1 for success.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: A new, and important build, is available for 2020-01-04

Post by Yukiko »

Yeah. My mistake, again! I thought I had pulled but I guess I had not.