A new build of the Core is up.

Here you can post threads on the development of the current release of the core (100)

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

A new build of the Core is up.

Post by Yukiko »

Hello folks. Announcing a new build fresh out of the oven.

From core-changes.txt:

Code: Select all

-- POL100 --
07-19-2018 DevGIB:
  Added:   EncodeBase64(String) and DecodeBase64(String) to basic.em to enable people to encode and decode strings using base64 without requiring an escript function.
That's handy I am sure. Now it's time for me to figure out what it means. :)
This was added by DevGib so I am sure it is to enable POL to speak Australian. It probably has something to do with the reverse coriolis effect down under. :D Just kidding!!!

You can get it by navigating with your Hypertext enabled browser via the Information Super Highway to the following TLS secure hyperlink: The Downloads Page.

Yeah, I know but I remember the days when people spoke like that when talking about links on the "new fangled" Interwebsnet thingy.
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Re: A new build of the Core is up.

Post by DevGIB »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIVfoDuVIw

For a demonstration of what the core is now capable of!

But in reality its to add native functionality to increase compatibility with some external systems. If an external system or program wants information in base64 then this is a simple way to encode the data going out or decode the data coming in.

For a fairly good explination why a system might use base64 see this link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/201 ... g-used-for
RusseL
Forum Regular

Re: A new build of the Core is up.

Post by RusseL »

Yukiko wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:08 pm This was added by DevGib so I am sure it is to enable POL to speak Australian. It probably has something to do with the reverse coriolis effect down under. :D Just kidding!!!
Base64 is used to represent binary data as text, so it is easier to work with :)