The First POL 100 Core Beta Binary Build Release.

Here you can post threads on the development of the current release of the core (100)

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

The First POL 100 Core Beta Binary Build Release.

Post by Yukiko »

We do not yet have a section for the POL 100 Core beta yet so I have to post this somewhere and this forum seemed as best as any.

This is the first binary release for POL 100 beta. I haven't released any builds up until now because no new features have been added until yesterday. Turley added a new member to the client object. Now you can read the port a client is using to connect to your server. The following information is not yet in the core-changes.txt file or the POL docs on the website.Turley was waiting for testing before he documented it. I tested it and it worked but he has not added it yet.

You will need to add a setting, keepclients 1 to your uoclient.cfg file for each listener for which you want to be able to access the port.
For example:

Code: Select all

Listener None
{
	Port			2593 
	Encryption		none
	AOSResistances		0
	keepclients		1
}
After you have added that setting you can determine the port a user is connected to by simply accessing the port member of the client object. For example:

var port := who.client.port
You can grab the POL 100 beta release on the Downloads page.
Nando
POL Developer

Re: The First POL 100 Core Beta Binary Build Release.

Post by Nando »

Moved to new board...
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: The First POL 100 Core Beta Binary Build Release.

Post by Yukiko »

This is a correction and addition to my previous announcement.
First I owe Nando and Bodom an extremely large apology. I absolutely overlooked their contributions to the Core since the start of the POL 100 beta. Not to diminish Bodom or Turley's work in any way but the most noticeable change was added by Nando. He added UOP support for uoconvert.exe. We have needed this for a long time and now we have it. Look forward to more great additions to the Core in the (hopefully) near future.

I did not post the snippet from the core-changes.txt because I was waiting until Turley had updated them to post anything from core-changes but I am posting what is there concerning the changes I forgot to mention. In fairness to Turley he celebrated his birthday on April 8th, coincidentally Eastern Orthodox Easter, and had to recover from the celebration. :) He will add to the core-changes.txt after his "recovery".

From the core-changes:

-- POL100 --
04-02-2018 Bodom:
  Removed: polcore().compiledate and polcore().compiletime
  Added:   polcore().compiledatetime

03-19-2018 Nando:
  Fixed:   Crash at shutdown when POL hasn't been correctly started.

02-26-2018 Nando:
  Added:   uoconvert now supports UOP files and will use them by default. If there is no
           map[N]LegacyMUL.uop in the UODataFileRoot, uoconvert will fall back to the
           old map[N].mul files. You can force uoconvert to convert from the old MULs by using
           readuop=0.