Announcing the alternate Distro

Archive of posts related to former distro versions. Be aware that posts here do not refer to the current distro and may not work.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Announcing the alternate Distro

Post by boberski »

Yukiko wrote:I am pushing updates right now.

I might not get back to this for a couple days. I'll see how busy my two days off of work turn out to be.

Merry Christmas again.
I will test it I think today an post the results. Merry Christmas Yukiko.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Lots of compilation fail:

Code: Select all

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/systems/housing/textcmd/gm/rapiddecay.src
Token 'CFC86A' cannot follow token '1L'
Error compiling statement at /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/systems/housing/textcmd/gm/rapiddecay.src, Line 7
Parse Error: Illegal Construction
Near: 1CFC86A
File: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/systems/housing/textcmd/gm/rapiddecay.src, Line 7

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/scripts/items/bladed.src
Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/requestgump.inc'
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/scripts/textcmd/seer/createstackat.src
Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/requestgump.inc'
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/scripts/textcmd/seer/createstack.src
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/systems/boat/boat.src
Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/yesno.inc'
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/StaffAssistant/textcmd/admin/sa_enable_acct.src
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/StaffAssistant/textcmd/admin/sa_disable_acct.src
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/skills/farming/harvest.src
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/commands/admin/gumpprompt.src
Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/include/gumppPompt.inc'
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/commands/admin/htmlgump.src
Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/include/htmlgump.inc'
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/commands/admin/yesno.src
Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/include/yesno.inc'
Compilation failed.

Compiling: /home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/commands/admin/requestgump.src
Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/include/requestgump.inc'
Compilation failed.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Aderal,
Thanks for your help and patience. I think I found all the errors. Again, as you probably know all but one was a Linux file name case mismatch error. The first one listed was caused by some erroneous data that got entered into the file. I'm not sure how that happened. Must have had data on the clipboard and accidentally hit <ctrl>-v. The repo has been updated. Unless you are being nice by holding back other errors this should have fixed the case mismatch errors. :D

Also, I see that you have added the Staff Assistant commands to your copy of the alternate Distro. I updated those as well and uploaded the new zip file to the Staff Assistant reborn thread.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Only one more compilation error:

Unable to read include file '/home/ancaria/099-new/pkg/utils/gumps/include/gumppPompt.inc'
Compilation failed.
I think it is only double p :)

and runtime :)

Warning! pkg/systems/housing/staticSign.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/systems/housing/staticSignControl.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/systems/housing/transferDeed.ecl does not exist!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

aderal wrote:Only one more compilation error:

Compilation failed.
I think it is only double p :)
Yeah. If I could spell words it might help ;P
aderal wrote:and runtime :)

Warning! pkg/systems/housing/staticSign.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/systems/housing/staticSignControl.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/systems/housing/transferDeed.ecl does not exist!
I'm going to need your help on this one. I've looked at the itemdesc file for housing and the case matches the file names. I don't get this runtime error on Windows. The ecl files you listed do exist so I know they are compiling. Have any idea what might be wrong?
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Check names one more time Yukiko, files in housing folder are all low chars :) I mean three files I posted above. :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Ok. This is getting annoying. I fixed the case of the files on my copy of the repo but the GitHub client for Windows is stupid. It doesn't see the case change as an actual change to the file. So I have to delete the case changed files, commit without the files. Then put the files back and commit again.

So now everything should be good.

Thanks Aderal.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Yukiko wrote:So now everything should be good.

Yeap, everything is working without problems, no compilation errors, no pol starting errors.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Yay!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I just committed a couple more things to the repo.

From the Distro changes.txt file:
28-Dec-2015 Yukiko Changed: The createnpc command to notify the user if they were creating an NPC that requires a listening node. The script now presents a gump telling the user that they are about to create the NPC that requires a node. The script will then create a guard node or start the createnode script as needed.

28-Dec-2015 Yukiko Added: Intrinsic shield item to the itemdesc.cfg file in \pkg\systems\combat.

29-Dec-2015 Yukiko Fixed: The staticSignControl script. It was ignoring the Z coordinate for house commands. This created a problem if a room on an upper or lower floor was deeded out because the house commands would still work if the owner was above or below the part of the structure they actually owned. This change allows for the rooms on different floors of an inn for example to be sold to players. Also changed the way the staticdeed command works. Now you need to target the North-West corner of the highest floor of a structure when deeding it.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

New updates to the Distro-Alt repo have been posted.

From the Distro changes.txt file:

05-Jan-2016	Yukiko Updated:		I rewrote the createnpc command adding a gump display if the user doesn't specify an NPC template when entering the command. From the user's standpoint it works just like the World of Dreams command. It uses the NPC_Groups.cfg file to look-up the images for the gumps. When adding new NPCs to the server you will have to add them to the NPC_Groups file. I renamed the old createnpc.src file to old_createnpc.src.

05-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Fixed:		The appraiser.src AI program. In making the Distro compatible with High Seas graphics I had moved the ObjType numbers for multi-deeds above the 0xFFFF range by adding 0x10000 to any custom objects that occupied the 0x4000 to 0xFFFF range. In the appraiser AI the numbers for deeds are hard coded and needed updating which I did.

06-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Added:		I added some new NPCs to the Distro. Sorry but I didn't make a list of the new ones.

07-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Removed:	I removed the line in the onCreate.src file that moved a newly created player character to Vesper. I don't remember putting that in there. So I commented it out.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

More changes and bug fixes and updates.

I should note that the docs in \docs\additional docs are being updated and expanded as I can get to them.

From Distro changes.txt:

07-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Removed:	I removed the ignoredoors privilege setting from the info command because it has no effect.

07-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Updated:	I upodated the NPC_Groups file to include NPCs that require nodes. Had to make a change to the createnpc command tto accomodate the node NPCs being added to the selection menu.

10-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Fixed:		Town Guards were oblivious to baddies if they suddenly appeared within their range of protection, ie. createnpc'ed baddies were ignored. That has been fixed. They will also call for help from other guards to assist.

10-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Fixed:		Bug in staticdeed.src. Calculations for number of lockdowns and secures were wrong. The program always returned 0 for each one and thus the minimum default was always given for lockdowns and secures.

10-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Fixed:		Fixed minor bug in staticSign.src that was using a constant for house decay rather than getting decay time fro housing settings file.

10-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Updated:	Continuing to update and expand the docs for the Distro. In this case static housing docs were worked on.

10-Jan-2016	Yukiko	Moved:		\pkg\skills\alchemy\potion.inc and \pkg\skills\alchemy\drinkPotion.inc to \pkg\skills\alchemy\include\ directory.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

A new commit to the repo.

Post by Yukiko »

First, the Distro-Alt has now had all custom items that conflicted with the expanded graphics moved to the 0x10000-0x1FFFF ObjType range AND with this commit I believe all scripts and config files that used the old ObjType number to reference said custom items have been updated. While preparing a copy of the Distro-Alt for someone who wants to use it I found I had missed a large amount of files still referencing the old numbers.

Second, I also added some missing house/shop multis to the housing system.

Third, and I don't know how we missed this Aderal, there was a case mismatch referencing an include file. :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

When you to much look into code that happens :P

I as well push new package to TestShard :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Also when you're looking into code when you are tired it happens a lot more. :)
Thanks Boberski.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

... or drunk...

many coders (myself included) were drunk in their heyday :D
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

True CWO.