Trouble starting UO with Polserver 099

Archive of posts related to former distro versions. Be aware that posts here do not refer to the current distro and may not work.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

InuYasha
New User

Trouble starting UO with Polserver 099

Post by InuYasha »

Hi,

I have a little problem.

I downloaded the following Files:

Distro 099 Complete - Windows (http://downloads.polserver.com/download ... tro099Full),

UORice V3.33 (ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/setup-1.46.0.3.exe)

UOML UO Version 4.0.11c (http://download.cnet.com/Ultima-Online- ... 32237.html)

I followed the instructions in the Readme (next post, attachment seems not to be allowed with any exrtension, even without :D)of the distro, did everything as it is described there.
Everythings fine yet.

Then I run UO, can log in to the POL Server, can create a Char, ok. But when I enter the world, I found my Char on a very small location with only a few coloured Stones within bricks and a few coffins there. No NPC. And when I try using commands like .spawner xyz there only a message 'Authorization Code is not given yet.'
Well, I can move the char around there (map is app. 3 screens in diameter), but cannot interact with anything. Theres no way to leave this map.

(Logged in with that admin/admin-account, made an account into accounts.txt and logged in with that, made an account with autoaccounting and logged in with that, tried out with and without admin level... tried out different starting locations brittania and minoc, nothing works)

EDIT: Ok, i found the startloc.cfg and altered the coordinates... now started in Yew (at 1000,1000,0) and could see green gras and some trees for about 2 seconds... then I am teleported to that small map again.

Here´s a screen:

END EDIT

So I looked into the log-folder, theres a file 'merchants.log'.

Code: Select all

[03/10 14:39:30] [pkg/systems/merchants/initializer/firstRun.ecl]: Error: Could not create merchant Provisioner location x:1607 y:56 -->Not a valid location for an NPC!
[03/10 14:39:31] [pkg/systems/merchants/initializer/firstRun.ecl]: Error: Could not create merchant Alchemist location x:668 y:2136 -->Not a valid location for an NPC!
I already tried to reinstall everything, twice.
Everytime same error.

Anyone an idea whats going wrong with my installation?

Sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere in this forum - I´m german and my english is not the best, so please forgive me in that case ;)
Last edited by InuYasha on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
InuYasha
New User

Re: Trouble starting UO with Polserver 099

Post by InuYasha »

Here´s the Readme.txt from POL099 distro

http://www.inuyasha.ch/UO/README.txt
Last edited by InuYasha on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

'Authorization Code is not given yet.'
.setauthcode

The errors you posted shouldn't really be a problem. I believe the spawner should be able to figure them out.
InuYasha
New User

Post by InuYasha »

Yo thanks alot,

now i only have to find out how to put a teleporter or something like that to the map, so that players can port to the cities from there.

But now I have another problem.

With the ip-settings 127.0.0.1,2593 I have no problems to login from every machine in my network.

Since I don´t have a static IP, I have to use dyndns for others to connect to my server.
Herefor to test my settings in servers.cfg, pol.cfg and the login.cfg (UO), I tried to connect from another computer in my network to my server via dyndns.
So I put in my Account Name and Password to UO, and click on the login-button.
My console says immediately 'Client connected from [my actual ip-adress] (1 connections)'
Then UO says 'Verifying Account...'
And thats it. UO stucks there, and after a while the console says that I´m disconnected.
(UO still tries to verify...)
When I now try to login again, UO is trying to connect, but can´t.
I have to restart POL then, and sometimes there comes a message from console 'Thread exeption: Unable to open listen port 2593'.

It doesn´t matter if I try to connect via dyndns or my actual ip (i.e. 193.222.109.183, not my network-ip), I can´t connect to my server. Only within my network with my network-ip.

I have a router for internet-connection, and the port that i use (actually 2593) is open.

I altered: /shard/pol.cfg (for testing with another port)
/shard/config/servers.cfg
/UO/login.cfg

Is there eventually another file where I have to put in some information regarding ip-adress or listen-port?
Or any other ideas how to solve this?

Greetings
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I assume you put an entry in your servers.cfg that looks something like this:

GameServer
{
    Name    My Shard
    IP     mydynamicdns_address.com
    Port    5003
}
GameServer
{
    Name    My Shard - LAN
    IP      --lan--
    Port    5003
}
Where "mydynamicdns_address.com" is the address your dynamic DNS provider assigned to you and your port number is whatever port you are using.

Since I changed my router firmware to DDWRT I have had trouble connecting from inside my network using my dynamic DNS address. I can connect via the internal IP assigned to the server machine but for some reason I can't get there by using the external address. Maybe your issue is the same as mine. Have you tried connecting with the internal IP address your server is using? Also, has anyone outside your network been able to connect using the dynamic DNS address?
InuYasha
New User

Post by InuYasha »

Hi Yukiko,

I tried out the following entries (for example):

GameServer
{
    Name    My Shard
    IP      mydynamicdns_address.com        (My Dyndns-adress)
    Port    5003
}

GameServer
{
    Name    My Shard
    IP      93.223.108.114                 (my 'real' dynamic ip)
    Port    5003
}

GameServer
{
    Name    My Shard
    IP      192.168.2.117                   (my Network-ip)
    Port    5003
}

and last not least

GameServer
{
    Name    My Shard
    IP      127.0.0.1
    Port    5003
}

I have not tried to connect from outside my network, but going today to try this, maybe that will work.
Last edited by InuYasha on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Can you connect using your network IP address? I assume you are able to since you can using the localhost IP (127.0.0.1).

Hopefully you'll be able to connect from the outside.
InuYasha
New User

Post by InuYasha »

Hi again,

yes, i can login with 127.0.0.1, and with my network ip 192.168.1.23.

I just managed to login from outside my network.Users still can use my dyndns-adress, but I have to put in my altering ip-adress (that my provider gives me daily) into my servers.cfg. Not the best solution, but it works:)

I guess theres no way to tell the POL: "hey, doesn´t matter what your ip is.. take all connections u can get!", or?
I must specify an ip-adress for POL to work properly, right?

Anyway, many thanks for your help so far;)

Greetings
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I use the dynamic dns address, in my case hopelives.servegame.com in my servers.cfg file and I also have to add the LAN address in the file as well as my example posted above indicates.

You might try the following if setting the address to your dynamic dns assigned address doesn't work:

GameServer
{
	Name	My Shard-WAN
	IP	--ip--
	Port	5003
}
InuYasha
New User

Post by InuYasha »

Hi,

thank you very much, it works now. The only thing is that I have to restart the server with every new IP I get from my provider. But there's already a thread for that problem, I think I can get some help there. If not, I'm gonna ask here again :D
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

If you can use your dynamic DNS assigned domain name in the servers.cfg file for people outside your network to connect, you shouldn't need to restart the server if your IP changes as long as your dynamic DNS client, or if your router supports dynamic DNS, is checking for IP changes frequently.