In-Game Language

Archive of posts related to former distro versions. Be aware that posts here do not refer to the current distro and may not work.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

*Edwards
Forum Regular

In-Game Language

Post by *Edwards »

I'm unsure where to ask..

I've been told that chinese symbols does'nt appear correctly with my project. So I wonder if it's the core or the distro used. Anyone know?

I guess it's the core and if so, is there anything changed since let's say POL096? Nothing appear in changelogs. Maybe it is related to the systran or speech file in UO Directory. Anyone know?
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Re: In-Game Language

Post by *Edwards »

Solved.

Problem was from using corrupted speech.mul and transerv.exe
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Is POL able to modify UserLanguageCodeString from UO configurations? I couldn't find the info in the packets and forum.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

look at Server -> Client packet 0xAE and Client -> Server packet 0xAD ( Unicode message packets with language such as "enu" "eng" and so on.

That's the only points where to set the language.

But in the 0xAE packet from server it takes the language setting from clients request with packet 0xAD so that mean the language is set on client side, you can check what language you are using character member .uclang that is sent once by client during logon.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Well, I knew it was somewhere :) . I just couldn't find. Thanks Tomi!
flamewing
Neophyte Poster

Post by flamewing »

Tomi wrote:look at Server -> Client packet 0xAE and Client -> Server packet 0xAD ( Unicode message packets with language such as "enu" "eng" and so on.

That's the only points where to set the language.

But in the 0xAE packet from server it takes the language setting from clients request with packet 0xAD so that mean the language is set on client side, you can check what language you are using character member .uclang that is sent once by client during logon.
so ah....excuse me,Tomi,
I want to change the src file text into Chinese,and I used UltraEdit 32 change the file unicode to UTF-8 no BOM,and I also ecompile it...
BUT,in game, like this
this is a motd
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

You should start checking what language your client uses

Open your UO folder and uo.cfg file and search for a line Language=English should be for you Chinese
flamewing
Neophyte Poster

Post by flamewing »

Tomi wrote:You should start checking what language your client uses

Open your UO folder and uo.cfg file and search for a line Language=English should be for you Chinese
I changed it
but it still like the pic show....

there are 2 chinese langcode in uo client
Cht and Chs