Help with movement issues

Archive of posts related to former distro versions. Be aware that posts here do not refer to the current distro and may not work.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Locked
Erro
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:06 am

Help with movement issues

Post by Erro » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:52 am

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could point out what I am doing wrong. I compiled the latest 99 core from the svn, and downloaded the distro and Edwards Zulu files. In following the read me, I downloaded UOML and installed. Using the start here.bat, I realm generate all realms. But when I log in I can hardly move 3 or 4 steps and I start getting stuck. I can walk on pure grass, dirt, and cobblestone tiles. almost everything else blocks movement. I am guessing it is a uoconvert issue. I tried using the landtiles and tiles.cfg from the distro, and I tried regenerating them as well. They both generate with errors.

I tried patching all the way to 6-0-10 and regenerated the files, no change.

Any ideas? Should I generate the realm with the unpatched client? Or patch to a certain patch before generating? Anything I can look for in the files?

Thanks

Erro

OWHorus
Master Poster
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:24 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Help with movement issues

Post by OWHorus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Erro wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if someone could point out what I am doing wrong. I compiled the latest 99 core from the svn, and downloaded the distro and Edwards Zulu files. In following the read me, I downloaded UOML and installed. Using the start here.bat, I realm generate all realms. But when I log in I can hardly move 3 or 4 steps and I start getting stuck. I can walk on pure grass, dirt, and cobblestone tiles. almost everything else blocks movement. I am guessing it is a uoconvert issue. I tried using the landtiles and tiles.cfg from the distro, and I tried regenerating them as well. They both generate with errors.
We use a 5.06a client on our shard. Meanwhile we have patched statics, but we went years with the original statics from 5.06a. All versions of uoconvert worked and delivered correct data. So you could try this. Since you downloaded UOML anyway, you only need to reinstall and patch (using the uopatcher directly) up to 5.06a. What you do to the client (patching or not) does not matter as long as only the client.exe is changed.

You should generate the tiles.cfg and landtiles.cfg new using your uoconvert.exe and your UO data. Then you should generate the realms. For this I have a cmd-Window-Batch:

Code: Select all

uoconvert map     realm=britannia mapid=0 usedif=1 width=7168 height=4096
uoconvert statics realm=britannia
uoconvert maptile realm=britannia

uoconvert map     realm=britannia_alt mapid=1 usedif=1 width=7168 height=4096
uoconvert statics realm=britannia_alt
uoconvert maptile realm=britannia_alt

uoconvert map     realm=ilshenar mapid=2 usedif=1 width=2304 height=1600
uoconvert statics realm=ilshenar
uoconvert maptile realm=ilshenar

uoconvert map     realm=malas mapid=3 usedif=1 width=2560 height=2048
uoconvert statics realm=malas
uoconvert maptile realm=malas

uoconvert map     realm=tokuno mapid=4 usedif=1 width=1448 height=1448
uoconvert statics realm=tokuno
uoconvert maptile realm=tokuno
Also check the uoconvert.txt and then the uoconvert.cfg.

After this things should work. If you get errors with uoconvert, then something is fishy. Either your UO installation is not clean (the client-files do not matter for this, but all .mul, .idx and so on), or your compile went wrong. I had this once, when I accidentally started the wrong Solution-File with the wrong version. So refetch from svn and compile again. I wrote a short description for Visual C++ 2008 Express, should also work with Visual C++ 2010 Express (but you need the other Solution file!!).

See http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3414

So my take on this is probably something went wrong with your svn build. You can check this real fast by downloading the last official 0.99beta core and using it. If the errors during uoconvert persist, your UO-Installation is not ok. If it works, then your svn build is to blame.

My way to get this running would be:
1) Fetch the official 0.99 core distro, install it, and make tiles.cfg, landtiles.cfg and the realms. Install the files.
2) If this does not work, reinstall UO and rebuild step 1). Test it.

Hope this helps.

OWHorus

Erro
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Help with movement issues

Post by Erro » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:32 pm

My way to get this running would be:
1) Fetch the official 0.99 core distro, install it, and make tiles.cfg, landtiles.cfg and the realms. Install the files.
2) If this does not work, reinstall UO and rebuild step 1). Test it.
This worked beautifully.

You sir are a prince among men. Thank you.

Erro

Locked