Forensic Evaluation & LastDamageInfo

Archive of posts related to former distro versions. Be aware that posts here do not refer to the current distro and may not work.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

ELSoft
Journeyman Poster

Forensic Evaluation & LastDamageInfo

Post by ELSoft »

Hi to all, today i was reviewing the forensic evaluation scripts in 095 and i found a little problem with the LastDamageInfo system. The SetLastDamageInfo function in damage.inc does not save if the damage was caused by a spell ( and what spell ) or by a weapon or by a poisoned weapon. This is because the SetLastDamageInfo is called by ApplyRawDamageEX and ApplyDamageEX, and both are a very generic functions.
In 095 the method to save the last hit is very ugly but the point is that this is called outside the 095 versions of ApplyRawDamageEX and ApplyDamageEX .

I think that the way to solve this is improve the SetLastDamageInfo and call it behind of ApplyRawDamageEX or ApplyDamageEX, in the CombatHook, damage spells and poison.

Any other idea to solve this?
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Forensic Evaluation & LastDamageInfo

Post by MuadDib »

Yes, 098 does need to have it implemeted directory into the damages for that to store it for scripts that will need it
ELSoft
Journeyman Poster

Re: Forensic Evaluation & LastDamageInfo

Post by ELSoft »

Maybe, it could be used the source argument to pass a structure with a reference of the attacker and the weapon or the spell or the poison level.