Good Idea or Bad?

Archive of posts related to former distro versions. Be aware that posts here do not refer to the current distro and may not work.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Do you find this useful?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 2

JaceAce
Expert Poster

Good Idea or Bad?

Post by JaceAce »

Well, I have been messing around with updating old script sets. I realize something else that might be helpful for others. When I start a script set update, I use a "raw" pol 98 server. This script set is "raw".

Check it out and see what you think. Maybe this should be added to Pol download site.

Instructions:
1. Create a directory with the pol 98 official core release.
2. Use this "raw" script set.
3. Set up your mul files and use uoconvert to create your "realm"
4. fix your ecompile.cfg file.
5. fix your servers.cfg and your pol.cfg
6. ecompile the very small script set.
7. Start up server. Nice!

I consider this pretty "raw". then I add a script set that I plan to update. (some care is needed when u add an old script set. example: pkg/connect/config/uoclient.cfg exists in the "raw" version. so when i add a script set, i dont want to have 2 copies of uoclient.cfg. ).

I know everyone probably knows how to take all the downloadable material and create their own "raw" server. I just found this useful for me and figured out I would share what I have done with everyone. Just in case it might be useful or Pol wants to add it to the downloads section. however they see fit :)

:grouphug:
Attachments
raw98server.zip
a "raw" 98 server and 97 distro script set
(745.03 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Damien.
Journeyman Poster

Re: Good Idea or Bad?

Post by Damien. »

Well, it could come handy for newbies, however I doubt it will go to the download section since 098 Distro will eventually be released, within what I think, is not a too distant time..