The vendor says it cannot afford anymore of that... why??

Archive of posts related to former distro versions. Be aware that posts here do not refer to the current distro and may not work.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Marzullo63
New User

The vendor says it cannot afford anymore of that... why??

Post by Marzullo63 »

How is this implemented?
I kept my pg selling platemail gloves for hours and now the vendor complains...
How is implemented this check?
How could I avoid it?

Thanks.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: The vendor says it cannot afford anymore of that... why??

Post by Yukiko »

I didn't find any reference to merchants affording things in the 0.97 Distro but in the 0.95 Distro you will find the check of vendor's available gold in \pol\scripts\ai\merchant.src starting near line 78. Following is the section where that is handled. Note line 2 in the code snippet below if(GetObjProperty(inv_rs, "MyGold") >= 1000).

Code: Select all

elseif(txt["sell"])
                                      if(GetObjProperty(inv_rs, "MyGold") >= 1000)
                                        TurnToward(ev.source);
                                        var count := ModifyPCSellList(merchant_type, (ev.source));
                                        if(count >= 1)
                                          var res := SendSellWindow(ev.source, me, inv_fs, inv_pb, inv_1c);
                                        else
                                          PrintTextAbovePrivate(me, "You dont have anything I would be interested in.", ev.source);
                                        endif
                                      else
                                        PrintTextAbovePrivate(me, "I cannot afford any more of that", ev.source );
                                      endif

This was implemented to make the game more "realistic" because in real life stores that buy second hand merchandise don't have unlimited funds. So someone has to buy stuff from the vendor to replenish her gold funds. I didn't check to see if the gold restocks itself like inventory does.