Test Shard & more

A shard running the latest version of POL and the distro scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Test Shard & more

Post by boberski »

Hi everyone,

after few talks with forum members I decided to create a few things. First of all automatic pol-core builder with a announced before ("Latest POLCore"). Next distro builder ("Distro creator"), script for building distro packages ready to use and create own shard, this could take a while so I will post message when I am done and script is life.

The last and for me most important thing is "POLServer Test Shard", it will be shard with newest version of pol-core and latest version of distro (thanks to Yukiko). Server will be open for regular players (if there will me some :P) as for developers of pol-core and scripts for testing purpose. Server is running on Linux so if something is working there it will works on Linux as well (You know what i mean Yukiko :)).

When I prepare everything I will post that the server is life, also I will prepare few thing for easy updating and adding new scripts. For now I one mor time post an URL for the site. It has 3 tabs but I think nobody will lose the way to what he or she wants. :)

http://pol.hell-yeah.eu/
Last edited by boberski on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Test Shard & more

Post by boberski »

Shard is up and running, everyone who want to have account please PM me with login and pass. I will create autoaccount but not right now. :) Shard is running on newest pol core and Yukiko's distro. I will update it when needed. Also, for now, if somebody wants to test some script please PM me or write here, I will add them to server.

All the needed information are on the website in tab "Ancaria - POLServer Test Shard".

Enjoy :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

I hook up auto-account system, everybody can create account via client. If somebody wants to have different command level please PM me (I mean pol devs or someone like that) :)

Account will be auto deleted in 30 days if there will be no character on it. :)

If anybody will have any problems please do not hesitate to contact me :)
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

I would say, every character should get an admin plevel, and you can 'revert' all changes at every daily restart. So you can try every command, set every skill for yourself, create NPCs, etc. Best solution, imho.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I would say, every character should get an admin plevel, and you can 'revert' all changes at every daily restart. So you can try every command, set every skill for yourself, create NPCs, etc. Best solution, imho.
If it is only for admins as a playground or sandbox yes. That makes sense. However, if we want to test the skill gain system and combat system that's probably not the way to go but this shard is Aderal's project. So it's up to him how he wants to conduct the testing. I'll help with any bug fixes to the alternative Distro as needed or other support activities when they arise.

I want to say again how much I appreciate the support of Aderal during the "Linux vs. Windows" crisis we had with those blasted filenames. ;) And for his efforts setting-up the test server.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

RusseL wrote:I would say, every character should get an admin plevel, and you can 'revert' all changes at every daily restart. So you can try every command, set every skill for yourself, create NPCs, etc. Best solution, imho.
I wanna have control on who have which cmd level. All admin is not a good idea, I agree with that what Yukiko wrote it is better for testing and shard to no everyone have admin rights. Mayby someone will find it funny to play a normal way with some friends. Expacialy that there will be for example auto quest system for testing i near time. :)

Feel free to write account name for admin level or have multiple accounts if you want. :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

I added last tab "Distro creator", as I wrote on page:
Archive will refresh every 00:00 AM CET with new distro package. Before building server will pull from GIT for newest commit from master. Archive wil have only scripts from Yukiko's Alt Distro and no POLCore. (...)
In the future I will add form to select additional script (also I will add repository for additional scripts), write basic configuration, select admin password etc. and after that dedicated package will be generated, with or without POLCore. :)

For now only newest pure GIT distro package. :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

I also added "Update status" for example:
Last Distro Update: 2016-01-12:20:52:25 CET
commit 0dacf9dadae139717dadbf2df90c64d72e76841d
Author: Admin-Yukiko
Date: Tue Jan 12 02:41:50 2016 -0600

Fixed issues with previous organization work.

Missed a few "include" statement changes needed.
Last POLCore Update: 2016-01-12:20:51:18 CET
commit de23b74d0bd0131c14429e0f9c8d2c8c353b7b31
Author: turley
Date: Sun Jan 10 20:24:57 2016 +0100

corrected linker error for older gcc
It will show, when was last update and what commit is currently on the server. :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

New Test Shard site URL:
http://pol.hell-yeah.eu/
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

I added official distro archive to "Distro creator" tab on http://pol.hell-yeah.eu/ because of official distro bing updated to work with latest POLCore.

Hope it will be usefull! :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Updated TestShard URL, http://pol.uo.hyeah.pl/ also shards host ar now uo.hyeah.pl.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Another update for test shard side URL:
http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/