Hello, New world in the making

Tell us who you are, share your projects, show us something amazing
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Re: Hello, New world in the making

Post by nFz »

Hehe almost done is a far way off. What is done is my time in UOAR as its way to basic for what i want to create atm. So where does this put me today?

Server went from stage 2: Building a skeleton/foundation with UOAR to a live alpha launch today on a dedicated professional server, stage 3.

So basicly the map is open to players who want to run around and check it out, currently everyone starts in the same town, vendors are spawned and the skills you gain will be kept on launch.

What to expect:

- Naked rough no roofs skeleton of the map.
- As of writing only one area spawned with vendors, 10-15 skeletons and pirates outside of town.
- Thats basiclly it.

Long term vision:

- Neverlands based shard, very very customized and developed and NL base will stand for less than 20-25% of the finished vision.
- Focus on longlivity, new templates, new new new.
- Big overview will be posted when links to downloads is up and running.

Next step:
- 50/50 implementing the basic systems from Neverlands (Magic cloths, jewels, bone mage armor, ore pm set system, guild system, broken rares copycat system and QoL systems.) and continue building the world with CentrED and CentreED+.

Leaving tomorrow for Cales de Mallorca, wish you all a wounderful summer!
Best regards, M
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Have a great vacation.
plu6h
New User

Post by plu6h »

Hey, looks good! I'd like to come test it out sometime. My Discord is Plush#5233
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Thank you! Been putting several hours a day (And night!). Currently building and modifying and converting the Neverlands system i want into POL100 as a amatuer scripter. Only been at it for a couple of weeks but managed to get out all the systems i wanted and modified them (some heavily). As soon as i've worked out the bugs ill get back to worldbuilding.

Give it a couple of months and ill prob open it up for alpha (Server is already up and running 24/7 F&F testing)
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Good to see you're dabbling with the scripting and getting it together. As always, if you get stuck, you can ask on the discord channels or drop me a pm. Work is getting lighter again so I might not be half asleep when responding :D
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Thanks, really appreciate it. So far so good, escript is very easy to get into from my experience so far. Which is good as i have big plans for endgame character and content development.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Hello all,

Long time no see, busy building the world and here are 5 new screenshots of some of my more detailed work.

Where i am atm:
Finishing the starting town and a few dungeons, some points of interest.
Planning the passive skill system for in depth character developement. Most scripts implemented and working.
Make a website
Figure out a damn name for the server.

Graveyard close to craftingtown.

Random farm outscirts of craftingtown

Craftingtown expanding, its a failry new town in my world so still chopping down trees and terraforming.

Docks close to craftingtown

Place to farm sand and clay, craftingtown

Over this area is a bigger open house area and at the top a dungeon entreance.

Regards
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Progress with pirate cave is going great, tho a slight paus to port some (alot) of new graphics.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Looking great. I am glad it is you who is building the map. I started with an existing map I bought from, the now defunct, Dark Shard website. I made some modifications and additions to that map. Even starting with an existing map the mods were not something for the feint of heart.

I want to mention that Carl Hamilton was a very generous person and donated his collection of files, that he used to sell, to the POL community. It is in the related resources repo at https://github.com/polserver/related_resources
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Short update.

Got a discord up and running, this is the place where i will post screenshots, media, features and general information. This topic wont really be updated anymore by me as i got the channel running.

https://discord.gg/xAnkDpsNqS