Umm new install of UO where is map0.mul

A special collection of guides, for those taking their first steps with POL or eScript
msbranin
New User

Umm new install of UO where is map0.mul

Post by msbranin »

ok I have been gone a very very long time. But I am trying to install POL and am very lost. I have the newest core 99 and the lastest distro. How in the world do I set it up? My UO install is fully patched do not have a map0.mul in fact they do not have most of the mul files the set up guide says I need.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Umm new install of UO where is map0.mul

Post by Yukiko »

The newer clients use UOP files to contain what used to be in a lot of the MUL files.

Until the devs for POL can get uoconvert to read from UOP files here is what you need to do.
1. Download UOFiddler from here.

2. Unzip UOFiddler to a directory.

3. Then download the UOP packer plugin for UOFiddler from the file attached to this reply. You'll find the link at the bottom of this tutorial.

4. Unzip the UOP packer plugin DLL file to the plugins directory in the directory you placed UOFiddler.

5. Next launch UOFiddler..

6. Click on "Settings" in Fiddler's menu and pick "Path Settings".

7. Click on "Set Path Manually" and browse to your UO installation director and click the "OK" button.

8. UO Fiddler is a bit quirky right here. Click in the text box to the right of the "Set Path Manually" button and press the <enter> key. You should now see the path to your UO directory populate down through the list of files in the path settings box. If you don't see that then go back to step 7 try again. If everything is correct then click on the red X in the upper right hand corner of the "Path Settings" box.

9. Now click on the "Plugins" menu in UO Fiddler and select "Manage". A box will open. Enable the UOP Packer plugin by clicking on the unchecked box to the left of "UOP Packer". Click the red X in the upper left of the "Manage Plugins" box.

10. Close and relaunch UO Fiddler. Now you should find UOP Packer on the far right of UO Fiddler's many tabs. Use the tab scroll buttons to scroll over until you see the UOP Packer plugin. Click on the tab.

11. Click on the "Every file" tab if it is not selected. Enter your UO installation folder or use the browse button "..." to browse to it.

12. Make sure the "Extract UOP to MUL" radio button is ticked.

13. And FINALLY click the "Start" button. Fiddler will report the extraction process and tell you when it is finished.

I hope this helps you.
UOPPacker.zip
UOP Packer and Unpacker plugin for UO Fiddler
(10.82 KiB) Downloaded 303 times