A possible bug with eCompile.

Bug reports and feature requests. New features can only be added to the current development version. Bug-fixes may be back-ported.

Current release: 099 / Current development: 100
Post Reply
Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2781
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

A possible bug with eCompile.

Post by Yukiko » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:37 pm

ThisIsMe was telling me that he found an issue with eCompile from POL 096. So I decided to test the issue in the latest build. It is still a problem. To create the issue, use this script fragment:

Code: Select all

	var arr1 :=	{
				{1,2,3},
				{4,5.6},
				{7,8,9}
				{10,11,12}
				};
	Print(arr1);
If you examine the code you will note that there is no comma after the third sub array inside of arr1. The issue is that eCompile will compile this code and not issue an error for the missing comma. When you run this script the Print() statement prints the following to the console:

Code: Select all

<uninitialized object>
I do not know if this condition is beyond eCompile's ability to detect or if this is a correctable bug.
So, if this cannot be fixed, remember your commas.
programmator cave

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2781
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: A possible bug with eCompile.

Post by Yukiko » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

I missed something else. If you remove the semicolon after the final brace for arr1, the script compiles with no error.

ThisIsMe
Distro Developer
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:29 am
Contact:

Re: A possible bug with eCompile.

Post by ThisIsMe » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:10 am

I compiled my code, and mind you the only reason I needed to have a hand crafted array was to test gump placement for stuff so I can see why this might not have been discovered sooner, after compiling, I looked through some bits of code to make sure everything was peachy and that I had not forgotten a line, not because I received an error mind you, because I had not, it compiled but just to make sure I had not forgotten a button placement or something.

I corrected this issue but as I was testing further, I was getting a blank gump after I had doubled my array size (copy and pasted my ten entries to give me 20 in total) and that was when I discovered the comma issue.

Seems I bumbled and stumbled into yet another issue for you guys, I is sorry.

Post Reply