Feature Added for some classes - User Defined Methods for POL Classes.

Bug reports and feature requests. New features can only be added to the current development version. Bug-fixes may be back-ported.

Current release: 099 / Current development: 100
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Feature Added for some classes - User Defined Methods for POL Classes.

Post by Yukiko »

ThiIsMe and I were discussing the usefulness of being able to define new methods for POL Classes. These could be defined in a POLMethods.cfg file which would be read on start-up and assigned as additional methods for the assigned POL classes. The file might be formatted like this:

Code: Select all

Class SpellBook
{
MethodScript ::dataFileMethods
}

Class Armor
{
MethodScript ::armorMethods
}

etc...
Then we could assign additional methods inside the method script.
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Re: User Defined Methods for POL Classes.

Post by ThisIsMe »

The idea is this, as an example but definitely not limited to:

There are 7 types of armor I believe (Leather, Studded, Bone, Ringmail, CHainmail, Platemail and Dragon armor(No one uses dragon armor as it looks hideous :D)). I have methods for each type of armor, some of these methods are shared among 6 different method scripts, if there is a way to have an item class based method script where we can define customs which affect the class of item as a whole, some of this repeated code can be just in one location. I have a similar setup for weapons as I do for armor.

There is obviously a good many other examples of the benefits of having a feature such as this.

These would just be for the built in item classes and obviously the entirety of the object classes although, I won't deny that that would also be pretty nifty but baby steps and just this would be goodly.