ignoredoors privilege doesn't seem to work.

Bug reports and feature requests. New features can only be added to the current development version. Bug-fixes may be back-ported.

Current release: 099 / Current development: 100
Yukiko
Distro Developer

ignoredoors privilege doesn't seem to work.

Post by Yukiko »

My understanding from reading the POL Docs is that the ignoredoors privilege is supposed to allow a character that is not in the "GM Form" (graphic 0x3db) to be able to walk through doors. This doesn't seem to work. I am running a very recent POL Core using the High Seas Adventure client.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? If this is a genuine bug can it be fixed?

I should mention that this is not a new issue. I remember trying to use this privilege several years ago with the same result. I thought I had posted about it then but I couldn't find it in the search results.

Thanks in advance.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Re: ignoredoors privilege doesn't seem to work.

Post by RusseL »

So, as far as i know you can not run through doors without GM graphic, and it has nothing to do with POL. This is a client-side block. No packet will be sent if you trying to walk through a door without GM Form.
bodom
Former Developer

Post by bodom »

Yep, it's like RusseL said. I'm updating the docs with that note.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks.
It's too bad because the GM graphic doesn't handle characters who have certain items equipped. Some items are displayed, in the paper doll, over the top of the hooded GM robe. Try having long hair and/or wearing a fancy dress and switching to GM form. It looks ridiculous. I know this is clearly a client issue and there's nothing that POL can do with the way graphics are displayed.

If ignoredoors doesn't work, I wonder why it is a privilege? It would be interesting to know why it's there.

Oh well, thanks again.
bodom
Former Developer

Post by bodom »

Well, it works, but just like the PushThroughHook you'll have to patch the client too to use this feature.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I think the pushthrough was working for me but I can't remember.

What I'm going to do is script the GMform command to save all equipped items as a CProp on the character and then unequip them. Then the Myform command will reverse the process. I already save the gender of the character so what's a few more items? :D