UltimaLive v.0.97

Bug reports and feature requests. New features can only be added to the current development version. Bug-fixes may be back-ported.

Current release: 099 / Current development: 100
Zik
Novice Poster

UltimaLive v.0.97

Post by Zik »

Ultima Live Map Streamer and Editor
With this mod of RunUO they can dynamically change map:
- send custom maps to the players vie client;
- support of multiple maps;
- destroy static buildings, dig dens, chop static trees...

More info HERE.
It's a powerful tool indeed!

Can devs implement it in POL core?
Basara
Novice Poster

Re: UltimaLive v.0.97

Post by Basara »

That is awesome
JohnnyB
New User

Post by JohnnyB »

I know this is an old thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone write up a script package of XMLSpawner for POL. I think it would be a wonderful spawner system that would be easier to work with than what there is now.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Yeah. We, my son and I, are aware of Ultima Live. That is what my son is looking at for the necessary packet info for being able to do some of the things such as changing trees to stumps etc.

ServUO and RunUO are a great source of information. I am not sure why the POL Core developers do not use it as a reference for adding things to POL, especially for the missing features that would bring POL up to snuff with the current client. I am not sure but I think Ultima Live might be a stand alone enhancement that might be able to be an option for POL.
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe »

JohnnyB wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 am I know this is an old thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone write up a script package of XMLSpawner for POL. I think it would be a wonderful spawner system that would be easier to work with than what there is now.
In terms of ease with XML spawner or a system like it for POL, I would say you might be misled a little. I have used XML spawner and I have used the spawner from the 097 distro, if you are talking ease, your shard should implement the spawner from the 097 distro.

XML spawner is a tangled mess of confusion, it is an all encompassing behemoth that requires and I am not being hyperbolic when I say this, a manual to use to understand all of it's settings. An XML Spawner type pkg would, if you wanted to check all the boxes, would require AI to be rewritten on any shard that would currently want to adopt it so it would not just be a simple adoption process.

Not to discourage anyone, but if you haven't looked at the other options out there for spawning on POL, I would point you to the 097 distro spawning system, it is very nice and while yes it could use some improvement, it can be relatively easily adapted for shards right now and anything lacking would not be a chore to write and add to it.
guialtran
Grandmaster Poster

Post by guialtran »

my system has no control item, it was written in the datafile, I guess I've never seen anyone do this, and I thought it would be interesting to try.
is a system started at the beginning of the server, which controls all the spawns of every server.
is very light, there is no competition for spawning
just an event to unlink.
and I can limit the amount of creation by time.