No
29%

Total votes: 7

JaceAce
Expert Poster

Pol 098 World of Dreams Scripts!

Post by JaceAce »

New! Get it Now!

Next version of the wod 98 script set Ready for download!
Fixed many many "bugs". Too many to list!

If you use the .createnpc, without a npc name, you will see a menu of npcs u can create. I used the image of a bird many times for the menu picture. That will be needed updated later on. Dont write me saying that is a bug. I did it on purpose for now.

Some items have been disabled for now til i get around to making them work. like the following:

fish tank
dragon statue
piano
christmas tree

Be aware not all the items have been disabled but the stuff that are like "fish tank" may not work. I suggest disabling any "deeds" that create stuff like the "fish tank" until i upload the next version or until "you" fix it :)

Warning: this is not the final version. This is a "very" usable version. Happy Gaming!
I hope everyone enjoys this next version!

:grouphug: Thanks to Pol, and all who have came before me in the World of Dreams!

Outdated message below:

Ok, I converted the 097 World of Dreams Scripts to Pol 098!

Remember this is an "initial" conversion. You will need to "tweak" the game to get it how you want it!

Let me know how it goes if you like this :)
Attachments
wod98scripts-01.zip
Updated many "bugs". This script set is "very" usable!
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 682 times
wod98scripts.zip
Pol 098 World of Dreams Script Set ( out dated - scripter reference file only )
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 876 times
Last edited by JaceAce on Thu May 28, 2009 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Re: Pol 098 World of Dreams Scripts!

Post by JaceAce »

Converted by JaceAce at jaceace01@sbcglobal.net

Instructions for installing Pol 098 with the World of Dreams Scripts
Note: The World of Dreams Scripts have been converted but you will need to "tweak" them to completely work as desired.
Note: These directions use the client -> Mondain's Legacy.

Note Sections within the ******************** is for Linux Users only
Note Sections within the %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% are for all users

Steps:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
1. Go to Pol main website at http://www.polserver.com
2. Click on the tab downloads
5. Download the file -> Core Release -> Windows -> pol_core_098_windows.zip

5a. Note: If you are a Linux user, Do not close this download page. You will need it.

6. Extract the files into a directory of your choosing
7. Create a directory for your Pol World of Dreams Server
8. Copy the contents of the extracted files into you Pol World of Dreams Server Directory
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
**********************************************************************************************
Linux Users Only
8a. From the Pol downloads page,
8b. Download the file -> Core Release -> Linux -> pol_core_098_linux-gentoo.tar.gz
8c. Extract the files into a directory of your choosing
8d. Copy the contents of the extracted files into your Pol World of Dreams Server Directory
8e. Note: make sure to overwrite all files

Note: If you do not want to save these files then do this:
8f. Delete the file -> pol_core_098_linux-gentoo.tar.gz
End Note

Note: I would suggest doing this so you dont get confused.
8g. Delete the directory that you made for the extracted files in both the directories of:
pol_core_098_linux-gentoo.tar.gz
End Note

End of Linux User Section
*********************************************************************************************
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

9. If you followed along perfectly. You should have 1 Directory for your Pol Server with
all the basic Pol files.

10. Create a new folder in your Pol World of Dreams directory called -> MUL

11a. Enter the "scripts" directory within your Pol World of Dreams Server Directory
11b. Edit the file -> ecompile.cfg.example
11c. Make sure to update the directory information so that it is correct
11d. Save your ecompile.cfg file

Note: At this point you need a pol.cfg file
You can aquire this file from the file -> Distro097.zip

12 Copy the ultima client files into your Pol World of Dreams Server directory -> MUL
map0.mul
multi.idx
multi.mul
staidx0.mul
statics0.mul
tiledata.mul

Note:
13. If you want the other map areas copy these files to your Pol World of Dreams Server Directory -> MUL
map2.mul, map3.mul, map4.mul
staidx2.mul, staidx3.mul, staidx4.mul
statics2.mul, statics3.mul, statics4.mul
End Note

Compile your MUL files. Im not going over this again but you will use these files to do it depending
on the operating system.

14. For Windows run -> StartHere.bat
For Linux run -> StartHere.Sh

You can obtain the needed files for these with the file ->Distro097.zip

See the old instruction set 097 version for how to compile muls.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
After this step your muls should be all ready to go!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Now lets install the converted World of Dreams Pol 098 Script Set!!!!

*********************************************************************************************************
Important! After completing the conversion of your MUL files you will have a text file -> config
Rename that file to something else so you dont have problems when you copy over the config directory
*********************************************************************************************************

15. Download -> wod98scripts.zip
16. Extract the files in a temporary directory of your choosing
17. In the temporary directory move through the directory structure until you can select the following
directories:

config
data
docs
log
pkg
regions
scripts

20. Select these directories and copy/paste these directories to your main Pol 098 World of Dreams directory

Important: Make sure to overwrite all files!

21. Now the fun part!
22. Enter into the "scripts" directory of your main Pol World of Dreams server.
23. run ecompile
24. Note: If it does not compile all the scripts double check your ecompile.cfg -the directory structure
must be correct for it to work-

25. If all went correct, you should have all your scripts built! Yea!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

26. Enter into the "config" directory in the main Pol World of Dreams server directory
27. edit "servers.cfg"
28. add your server information
29. Save the file

30. Run Pol!

31. Now your set! Time to tweak it to whatever settings u desire! Have fun!

Happy Gaming!
JaceAce

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

This is the script set I support. My long term goal is to have a completely "rewritten" from scratch World of Dreams Script set.

First Step: Complete the initial Conversion. - finished!

This is where i am at right now...
Second Step: Fix the script set of all known bugs so that it works very well.

Third Step: Completely rewrite the script set from scratch updating it to the most current standards possible. ( as best as I can lol ).

Fourth Step: Keep the script set updated so we never have to do major version jumps!
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

New version ready for download!
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

So, I am curious, of those who have checked out the newest script set, what did ya think? Leave a comment if u would like :)
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Quick note, my world of dreams server is ready for more beta testers beyond who I have already. If you would like to play on my server - email jaceace01@sbcglobal.net and let me know what account name and password.

I use Mondain's Legacy fully updated.
5003 Non encripted / Razor to connect.
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

Hey there Jaceace,

Scripts seem to be working quite well, but while testing I noticed an error is thrown in the console when trying to summon any creature.

"syslog [pkg/magic/magiceffects/summoning.ecl]: Error summoning NPC - error {errortext = "Parameter 4 must be a struct or integer(0), got Array"}

Also, inserting spells into spellbooks yields loss of a scroll, and no spells in spellbook.
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Did you install a "raw" pol 98 server. and then install this wod package?
wod98scripts-01.zip

Due to its a "custom" script set, I do not suggest mixing and matching.

When i say "raw" i mean nothing but the "core" server - no other distros etc.

I have a current server running. With that exact script set. Creates npc's and spells work.

The spellbook problem is mentioned in the core-changes.txt - but if your having that problem it sounds like you have the wrong script set downloaded. I fixed the spellbook problem with wod98scripts-01.zip.

Also this script set should not be used -> wod98scripts.zip
its outdated.
To be successful install a "core" server with nothing -no scripts of any kind from any distro
then add the script set wod98scripts-01.zip.
Set up your pol.cfg servers.cfg ecompile.cfg etc.
then compile all scripts.

My server has no other scripts but the wod98scripts-01.zip.

This error : pkg/magic/magiceffects/summoning.ecl

means that the script in pkg/magic/magiceffects name summoning.src
did not compile.
1. check to see that you have a pkg/magic/magiceffects/summoning.src
2. check and make sure that the pkg.cfg file is enable for that spell.
3. check to ensure that your ecompile.cfg file ( in your scripts directory ) is correct.
( if all the packages are not compiling. then your pkg directory in the ecompile.cfg is set wrong.
4. last resort Zip up your scripts and send it to me at jaceace01@sbcglobal.net - i will look at it and tell you the exact problem.

Hope that helps ...
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

Hey Jace,

I figured out the issue with the spellbooks -- but still not able to summon creatures with the druid package.

I went ahead and downloaded the newest wod package, and just used the pol 98 core; still, to no avail.

I'll email you the entire package.
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Ok, checked it with my live server. Sounds like you have it installed correctly - its a bug
summonwolfpack and treeform
I'll get to work on fixing those bugs. (also giftwrapper doesnt work - but i have fixed it already - i have not sent a new update though - im waiting to get more fixes done first )

Having a script set jump from 95 to 98 will create alot of bugs, but im up to fixing all the bugs ! :)

Thanks havoc for your help!
:grouphug:
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

JaceAce wrote:Having a script set jump from 95 to 98 will create alot of bugs, but im up to fixing all the bugs ! :)
Why did you use the .95 Distro as your base? Why not use the .97 Distro?
claux
New User

Post by claux »

Jace is it ok to patch to 7.0.3.0 and run client 6.0.12.3 or client 2.0.0.b ?

Having a prob crashing everytime i get in and make the char drops me in Brit and i take 4 steps and server locks up with either client.. any Ideas where or what im doing wrong?

*edit*
ok so I finally managed to get ingame on itn but now it crashes with this and i have no idea what to do with it..!!

Client disconnected from 192.168.1.101 (0 connections)
Client connected from 192.168.1.101 (1 connections)
Unknown packet type 0xbf: 13 bytes (IP:192.168.1.101, Account:admin)
0000: bf 00 0d 00 05 00 00 03 20 00 54 0c 07 ........ .T.....
Unknown packet type 0xbf: 10 bytes (IP:192.168.1.101, Account:admin)
0000: bf 00 0a 00 0f 0a 00 00 00 1f ........ ........

Can anyone shed some light on this as i have no idea what packets are or how to read what it is telling me......

am running version 6.0.12.0 on server and on the machine i connected with......using Razor
tiko
New User

Post by tiko »

Fine job. I vividly remember playing on WoD as a newb. The ideology behind how WoD was played is still an inspiration for me when I do anything new or custom. Having this set again will make it a lot easier to remember. ;) (drocket took the original scripts off his site, or, I just can't find them.)
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Just an update - I havent been working on the script set due to other activites in life...
gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Post by gundamwing84 »

when i try to create a player merchant with .createnpc :merchants:playervendor

it creates the npc, but its unable to do anything and says above its head "error errortext="property not found" 's merchant".

and when i try create one with the deed from teh architect, it says "cant place there" wether i try create one anywhere in the world, or in a player owned house (owned by me).

any help with this?
k3wld3wd
New User

Post by k3wld3wd »

I get lost when in the directions it says to "delete" the folder that has the "starthere" file, then later it says to run the "starthere" file.. ummm.. am I missing a hidden step or am I supposed to just get more frustrated?
sec_goat
New User

Post by sec_goat »

Hey Jace Ace,

Thanks for all the hard work. I am trying to get POL server working by following your instructions here.
I appear to be running into some issues however and I was hoping some one here might offer some assistance?

First when compiling the realms I get a lot of warnings saying that certain tiles are using both the roof and floor platform flag at the same time. I think this is 'normal' as some other posts have indicated, but I wanted to make sure it does not affect WoD scripts.

second, once everything is compiled and running, I can login as admin/admin, but I cannot seem to walk more than a few steps in any direction, like there is a forcefield around me or something?

also How can I create new user accounts for people to log in with?

Thank you.
rainmaker24
New User

Post by rainmaker24 »

I'm having issues with ressurecting henchies..........namely that i can't resurrect them lol

The resurrection spell script seems to be working alright to res pets, but it won't res a henchman.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem with these scripts (or with asgard098)?
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Just a quick note: I havent messed with the pol stuff in a long time. I still have the full functioning server. (Off)

Anyone who got this running good. Should support it :)
tiko
New User

Post by tiko »

this archive, as well as the wod 097 archive, is corrupt.
Laephis
New User

Post by Laephis »

Does anyone have a copy of the latest version of these scripts? The "wod98scripts-01.zip" with bug fixes doesn't seem to work anymore.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

i think that's it. Repacked.
Attachments
wod98scripts-01.zip
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 420 times
Laephis
New User

Post by Laephis »

RusseL wrote:i think that's it. Repacked.
Thanks very much.