Moderator: POL Developer

Austin
Former Developer

POL 095 Scripts for TSSE (April 2005)

Post by Austin »

The Sanctuary: Shadow's Exiles
The Sanctuary: Shadow's Edge
Thomas Scottish Sheep Exchange
(The names it went through while I owned it from 2001-2005)
Attachments
TSSE-April-2005.zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 1394 times
Last edited by Austin on Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

I could come up with some other interesting names based on those initials, too; but I'm thinking I might not be well-liked if I do! :wink:

I've downloaded the files you made available elsewhere, and I must say there is some very interesting stuff. I know you've not been involved with TSSE for a while, but it's clear they had someone at the scripting helm who was quite willing to break out of the mold, and do some very interesting things!
blah
New User

Post by blah »

It may be a little offtop, but at last I can log in and say it.
I saw a lot of your.. 'creation', and there is nothing more to say then:
respect!
And thank You, cuz i've learnt so much, since i've been analysing Your code.
And the 096 distro.. #1.

But, :AI:TreasureMaker.. what is this NPC for? I know what it does, but why like that?

Sorry if I made any mistakes.
Greetz.
Austin
Former Developer

096 conversion

Post by Austin »

A lot of people keep asking me "On a scale of 1-10 how hard would it be to update these scripts to 096"

Well, if you just have 1 map, you don't have to do a whole lot. Off hand, I don't know specifically what needs to be changed. I don't have all some 600 scripts memorized >_<

First.. compile them with the 096 compiler, and see what errors you get.
Fix accordingly.

Second update uo.em calls to properly support the realm parameter.

Third change any MoveItemToLocation(), MoveCharacterToLocation() calls to the new MoveObjectToLocation() function.

Fourth and the hardest. Its not required but will make the shard run better
Update to the new gumps system in the 096 distro. The old system used two global arrays, the new system is a lot nicer and more object oriented.

Fifth is to update to brain 5 (Krang). TSSE uses the old brain 4 system.

After that uhh really don't know! Its like 3 years old.

The smartest approach if you wanted to use this is to setup Tortoise SVN on your computer, get the 096 distro and then plug TSSE into it where it has parts you want to use.
aargh
New User

Re: 096 conversion

Post by aargh »

Austin wrote: ... Fifth is to update to brain 5 (Krang). TSSE uses the old brain 4 system.
Hi Austin

Only small question ;-)
AI brain 5 lives in new POL distro ????

aargh
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

Yeap! All the coding I do now is for the 096 distro.
Currently working on the documentation for the gumps stuff.

Check the sticky post on that board for how to set yourself up with tortoise SVN and get the 096 distro (its pretty spiffy but has a ways to go)
aargh
New User

Post by aargh »

Austin wrote:Yeap! All the coding I do now is for the 096 distro.
Currently working on the documentation for the gumps stuff.

Check the sticky post on that board for how to set yourself up with tortoise SVN and get the 096 distro (its pretty spiffy but has a ways to go)
Ok thx
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

I know that these scripts arent really supported.. but I was wondering how you get the Race/Class selection to pop-up. Does anyone have an idea? thanks for reading :)
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

Havoc wrote:I know that these scripts arent really supported.. but I was wondering how you get the Race/Class selection to pop-up. Does anyone have an idea? thanks for reading :)
It starts in scripts/misc/oncreate.src which is the core script that runs when a new character is created. It starts up scripts inside of the new character package.
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Ecompile is being kinda.. crazy.
It just skips over some of the scripts.. any tips? :)
Mithril
New User

Post by Mithril »

Make sure your pol folder is as close to the root of your drive as you can get it. If the path is too long, ecompile will not be able to compile the script.

Also make sure you list all of your pkg folders and such in your ecompile.cfg or it will miss them as well.
LeChukc

Post by LeChukc »

Forgive my neophyte ways; I searched the forum and I have resorted to asking my question here.

I tried to compile these scripts, and most of them compile fine with two exceptions:

1. This is common:

Code: Select all

Error compiling statement at c:/pol/scripts/include/skillcheck.inc, Line 305
Error in function 'CheckStatAdvancement', File: c:/pol/scripts/include/skillchec
k.inc, Line 305
2. This happens when the include file is in the package directory, but not always:

Code: Select all

Compiling: C:\pol\pkg\water\bucket\methods.src
Unable to find package 'water'
Unable to read include file ':water:includes/buckets'
Compilation failed.
Execution aborted due to: Error compiling file
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

bumped ¬_¬
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

I know this isn't supported or anything, but can someone help me get it working? and I am not sure but isn't there a certain client you should use? if so, which version? ( I am wanting to look at how the shard runs and I am not very familiar with 095)
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

Which script are you trying to compile when it gives you the errors?
If you can post your ecompile log, I can lend a hand.
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

well.. to be truthful.. i can't get ecompile to work at all.. and it doesn't log it when i run it.. so i can't see where it stops...
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Re: POL 095 Scripts for TSSE (April 2005)

Post by JaceAce »

I'll take a look at this script set. But dont count on anything ....
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Just to let everyone know. I am able to convert the scripts so they compile. Im working on that now. In reference to the downloaded script set, has someone already started with the updating? Is this download the "original" scripts? or a script set that was in the "process" of being updated. I think i can get this one finished at least so it compiles, but it would be "real" nice if i could get ahold of the "orginal" script set. If this is not the original. If this is the original. Its ok. It "feels" like some upgrading has already taken place. I work best with the "original" files. Doesnt matter either way. If there is an original script set other than what i downloaded and u want me to check out the "non" modified original script set, email to jaceace01@sbcglobal.net.

I will get the "script compiling errors fixed" and upload it.
I am sure at this time, I can get it all to compile.
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Update going well, uh, lots of scripts...hehehe still working on it ....
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

These are the originals. If it feels like they are similar in architecture/layout/features/et al, that's because this scriptset was released by Austin, and many of the features from this distro were later implemented into subsequent versions of the official distro/pol itself.
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

I was able to get the scripts to completely compile. I got the server to start up. I am cleaning up some start up errors. Ran out of time tonight...

pkg druids? it appears its missing. Havent looked to hard...

i just removed the druidsskill

other than that it started. Does anyone know about package druids?
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Just keeping everyone posted on how the update is going, server is running with no visible errors. Created a default admin character -> admin -> password -> admin -> name of char is admin : haha.
So far its looking pretty good. I will probably run out of time tonight also, should have it uploaded in another day or so ready for everyone to check out!
JaceAce
Expert Poster

Post by JaceAce »

Another update. It appears that the newcharacter package is not complete. Actually from what I can tell, this package is in real bad shape. Interesting script set. Not sure its worth reviving though... Does anyone have a more complete version of this script set?

I will continue to fix some of the major bugs to get this script set at least working... but I wish there was a more complete version. Im just gonna keep removing parts that dont work ...
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

The Druid package was not completed, as far as I know.

The newcharacter package is complete -- but I think it makes reference to a few skills and stats that are non-distro compatible.

What trouble are you getting from the newcharacter package?
Havoc
Neophyte Poster

Post by Havoc »

I've uploaded the entire newcharacter package, and it's dependencies. This should work, but I make no guarantees!

I hope someone finds this useful.

I had a bunch of help from Yukiko, Tekproxy, and Austin - so cheers to them.

:cheers:
Attachments
095 working newcharacter package.rar
(198.61 KiB) Downloaded 387 times