Help with spawn system

Scripts for an entire shard, alternatives to the distro made by other users

Moderator: POL Developer

astaroth2
New User

Help with spawn system

Post by astaroth2 »

Hi guys,
I've just compiled all the scripts in JACEACE 0.97 distro, the realm starts and i can use admin , but i don't know how to start spawn system to populate all dungeons with monsters.
Is there a command to start spawn system or i miss some scripts?
Thanks
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Help with spawn system

Post by Yukiko »

JaceAce posted a number of converted script sets. I would recommend posting your question in the same thread that contained his converted scripts because different versions of "complete worlds" might use different spawn methods.
astaroth2
New User

Post by astaroth2 »

ok thanks.
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe »

A minor necro as this is only a few months old.

First WoD uses regionspawner for it's area spawner, so in there you have two commands, .regionspawn and .cc

I am not too sure what cc does as I just briefly skimmed through the command but as someone who is working on a shard that is running WoD as it's base, if you can find yourself a better area spawn system that is not too much of a pain to just drop in, I would highly recommend this. Years of the shard I am working on has proven it is just easier for staff to place multitudes of spawn points (spawn runes but same premise) then to modify a cfg file which can only be accessed by the person(s) with physical access to the file itself and not from within the game itself as there is no actual command to do this and it would be relatively pointless to have a command to do this anyway since you can only append to a cfg file and not remove.

.regionspawn looks like the command you need to use to spawn your regions and assuming that all the required regions have been mapped out you should then have your mobiles spawned.