Does anyone have a dectrypted new 7.0.0.x cleint?

Here you can post about UO Tools not specific to POL, but to the UO Client. This includes map editors, custom clients, mul editors (except UOFiddler, use it's forum), and so on.

Moderator: POL Developer

Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Does anyone have a dectrypted new 7.0.0.x cleint?

Post by Damien White »

Does anyone have a decrypted copy of the new 7.0.0.x cleint? Or is anyone working on UOCH?

As I tried patching the 7.0.0.4 cleint, however when I tried to log in, the client listed my shard. The server even listed the client as logged on ( 1 connection). However it seems to hang at connecting.

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!
Tomi
POL Developer

Re: Does anyone have a dectrypted new 7.0.0.x cleint?

Post by Tomi »

if you are using Pol 098.1 or older without a packethook fix for packet 0xB9 that is your problem.

6.0.14.2 changed packet 0xB9 from 3 bytes to 5 bytes.

And then there it is the max tiles change for >= 7.0.0.0 from 0x3FFF to 0x7FFF ( not sure though if this hangs the client )

UOCH was working removing the encryption from client 7.0.0.0 and 7.0.0.2 correctly and I dont believe they change encryption in just 1 minor version patch.
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Thanks for your quick responce Tomi.
Tomi wrote:if you are using Pol 098.1 or older without a packethook fix for packet 0xB9 that is your problem.
If this seems to be my problem, do you know how I can obtain, I guess what would be a beta release of POL? 98.2 or higher? I know there use to be a beta release area but over time I have lost track of much. :( Perhaps POL still has a beta testing team? Might I vollunteer to help out in this way?
Tomi wrote:UOCH was working removing the encryption from client 7.0.0.0 and 7.0.0.2 correctly and I dont believe they change encryption in just 1 minor version patch.
It's true, UOCH did patch the client. And the cleint did everything it was suppose to do. The server did seem to be the hanging point. Interesting the server did not give the screen dump it usualy does when the wrong packet is sent. Rather it just hung at the point of connecting without any output to server console shy of IP (1 connection).

Thanks again Tomi, please again, if you can send me the beta core download info, I would greatly appreciate it.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Some of the poldevs should really create the 098.2 core due to this problem, many question about clients version >= 6.0.14.2 hanging at logon.

I understand the 099 beta core have to wait more, but for this 098.2 it should be released asap.

for the time being if youre not in an urgent need of using both new and old clients, you can use that packethook script I posted here

http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2934
Last edited by Tomi on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Thanks dude, I am in no need to support older clients actualy. As I am starting a new shard, not supporting an old one.

Thanks for being patient with my lack of knowledge. I am yet to work on the learning curve that comes with packets.

If you could give me some detailed instructions, here or in the other thread, on how to set up these files I would be most greatful.

Thanks in advance Tomi.
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Actualy, as it turns out, I took a few stabs in the dark, created a new package, etc, etc...and presto, I am now using the 7.0.0.4 cleint.

Again, thank you so much for this packet dude. And taking the time to help out a fellow POLer.

Food for thought, for anyone else wondering about the 7+ client files. It's true, the server at this time cannot handle the items. It just simply says they item is not creatable. No crashing or anything like that fortunately. Eric is so smart.

I too am looking forward to 98.2, and hoping that the item limit will be released. However, I am sure it will affect alot of shards with custom items.

Take care dude, and please keep up the great work!
Steve
New User

Post by Steve »

Thought i'd post since it's been a long time since the last post i made.

Regarding Client Decryption & v7.0.1.1 client's...

As some might know i run ListUO.Com for free shards and have begun (on and off) to create a client decrypter / patcher / launcher.

The decryption part is a C# re-write of the C++ source code for UOCH which was release here (i think here anyways).

In a nutshell, it finds the client.exe and generates a new file in the UO game directory... LUO_Decrypted_client.exe, the decrypting seems to be working with 7.0.1.1 versions so you could in theory put whichever version of the client into the UO game folder and make a decrypted version.

The app (currently LUOGo v1.0.5.4) only runs on Windows XP (sorry folks i don't use Vista or Windows 7... yet), needs .Net framework v2, and must go into the folder C:\ListUOGo on your hard drive (you have to make that folder... my fault :( )

It's a work in progress but who knows, someone might find it useful.

*** EDIT ***
The decrypted client it makes is also able to run x2 or more clients at a time, multi clienting for those who need it.
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

This is great, the multi client part anyways. Where can one download this application?
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Actually there was a reason why I removed the multiclient, name check patching, constant 0 lightlevel and such capabilities from UOCH..

Devs are not the only ones looking for programs like this, Players do it aswell ( that was my reason )

UOCH patches the encryptions of the latest clients aswell ( only thing I have seen broken with clients >= 7 in UOCH was the stamina patch, sorry for not having time to look at that yet. )
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Tomi or anyone else, if you don't mind please. I am designing my shard on my own. And so I will not have players online using such client hacks, or any clients at all.

Would you mind passing along any program that might be able to dencrypt the latest client and give the option of having multiple client's open at the same time. Sure would help in debugging pvp scripts.

Again, please, if anyone knows of such an app., I would be most greatful.

If you don't want to post it here, please PM me...

Thanks in advance.

[Edit]
Got it from UOList, thanks anyways everyone.
Steve
New User

Post by Steve »

Can be found here...

http://www.listuo.com/forums/

The LUOGo related section in the forums for the last release i did.
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Thanks alot! Got it, and works great on the 7.0.14 cleint.