UO_Rice

Here you can post about UO Tools not specific to POL, but to the UO Client. This includes map editors, custom clients, mul editors (except UOFiddler, use it's forum), and so on.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pierce
Forum Regular

UO_Rice

Post by Pierce »

Lord Binary's UO_Rice. His last version including the source files.
This version will work until client 6.0.6.1.

[ Rice = Remover of Increadibly useless Client Encryption ]

Thx to LB for this tool through all the years.
Attachments
uo_rice_including_source.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 1518 times
Pierce
Forum Regular

Re: UO_Rice

Post by Pierce »

I think it now works at least until 6.0.12.4

Test done with (latest Windows Core POL098beta-2009-01-13) and clients:
and the latest 6.0.12.3 and .4 (seems to be snow clients ;) )

If not post it here :D

Edit:

- Added UO_Rice extended Version 4.0a (2D/UOKR)
- both versions seems to work at least until 6.0.12.4
Attachments
UO_RICE_V4.0a.rar
(132.62 KiB) Downloaded 1267 times
UO_RICE_6.0.12.3.rar
(130.5 KiB) Downloaded 1792 times
Last edited by Pierce on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Source too? :)

Debated adding this to the POLUtils.dll tool too. :)
HellRazor
New User

Post by HellRazor »

Awesome Pierce, thank you!

Please post the source also, providing the source helps keep tools like this alive.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Pierce, you should give that source atleast to nando so he can get more information of the latest logincrypt and get support for crypted clients in the core.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

@Tomi: My intention to look into that was, that there is no need for the devs to waste time on building a core with encryption support :D
You also need to add the damn keys whenever a new client was released ;)

Nevertheless i send MuadDib what i think he was looking for.
The source code will be released when i cleaned up my chaos coding :D

Meanwhile i added a new extended version (4.0) with the functionality of the one until 6.0.12.3 and some new features ;)

You'll find it attached to the second post.
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

umm.... I think I'm having issues with UO Rice now... i downloaded the two mentioned in the second post, neither appeared to work. Doesn't it create a new client? my version of ML that i had disappeared from me.. (go figure...) So i downloaded what EA is calling Mondain's Legacy from their website. The installation is actually 9th Anniversary edition. But the client says it is version 6.0.1.10. This is with no patching. Any suggestions..?
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

I always wondered what this client 6.0.1.10 is or was. I never had such a client version after patching. So i couldn't test it. You could try another version, i suggest 6.0.1.1.
If you search for it you'll find it e.g. here:

http://mirror.sphere.torfo.org/clients/

If you have the possibility to place the unpatched 6.0.1.10 for download, please send me a PM where i can find it. I'll take a look into that specific one, otherwise it should work.
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

will do pierce
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

Update:
sorry for double post... but that doesn't appear to be the problem. I finally found my UO Rice I had previously.. and it was nice enough (for some bizarre reason) to stay open for me so I could read what it said.

Code: Select all

Welcome to Lord Binary's UO-RICE version minus 3.33
Mode: NO_CRYPT
UO Not installed, Quiting.
I think this is the same error your version above is giving me... which gives me the sinking feeling it doesn't support Windows 7.. ( I just HAD to have Windows 7........) any ideas for solutions?

btw, i sent a link to that client in PM.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

With the source, Peirce, you need to update it's method handling for reading the Registry to verify UO Installs.

dkpat: If you know how, would you please look up your UO Registry information and save it to a reg key file and paste the file's contents (just open it in notepad), so that Peirce can add a secondary registry style check to the source? :)

I will try it later too, and if it complains bout mine the same, will do the same just in case.
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

Not entirely sure that I did this right.. though it was the only reference to UO I ran across in obvious places in the registry so.... but here is a text file containing the information form the exported registry key.. actually.. here is what the file said.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\5.0.9]
EDIT: I have Visual studio 2008 and i am looking into fixing it myself... I'll let you know if I figure it out. Although.. I'm not sure that it is a Windows 7 problem after looking at the strange name of the program in the registry. it is from EA's website soo..

EDIT 2: I found where in the code it is told to give that error. It gives that error if it doesn't detect a 2D client AND a 3D client. it has to detect both. when i ran the client form the original installation, the option for 3d client was shaded out saying "3D client no longer supported". judging from this, and the key in the registry, I would say that this installation doesn't install a 3D client. I think this is why it is not working.
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

UPDATE: Fixed. Wasn't a problem with UO_RICE .. was 9th anniversary's fault... found a post in another thread that said 9th anniversary edition doesn't add registry values it should.. There was a link to a file with these values, which I installed then UO_RICE worked perfectly. not sure if you want to make a post or something about this problem with 9th anniversary edition, but that is only version you can download from EA. here is the registry values.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="D:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="D:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online"
"PatchExePath"="D:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="D:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Onlinet\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"
naturally edit the paths to suit your installation.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Ugh. Want updated source, I plan on working on this sometime later in the week.

Firstly, gonna update the whole thing. Also, gonna add a better check (no registry crap). Dkpat, mind uploading the working source you have, so I can do this? Planning on rewriting it a lot (actually, a whole new patcher, more win32 friendly, with option to CHOOSE INSTALL, etc).

I get bored easy.
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

I was just using the source from the first post. So might be better to force pierce to give you the newer source at gun point :D
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

hehe. He sent me updates at one time (just the changed code). Might have to actually go through it all.

Working almost 75 hours this week, so unsure when I'll get the time but will have to upgrade it to 4.0 and make a nice GUI :)
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

Do let me know when you get that finished... would make it better for players of a shard that aren't overly computer literate. :D
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

dkpat wrote: So might be better to force pierce to give you the newer source at gun point
If that force thing would work, Pol would already have a binary Reader/Writer option :D
Just kidding ;)
I finally found my UO Rice I had previously.. and it was nice enough (for some bizarre reason) to stay open for me so I could read what it said.
You need to run UO_RICE in a command prompt environment (DOS) to see the error messages. If you double click it in "windows" it closes the window after termination, regardless if it works or there are errors ;)
I'm no GUI making guy if it's not necessarily needed, so i didn't change LB's code there.
Or to be honest, i have no experience in that ;)

I'll update the source for your special no 2D registry case (like UOKR) i think tomorrow and send the source code to MuadDib afterwards, even if i hadn't time to clean it up :D

Edit: New version 4.0a uploaded (see second post)
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

hey MaudDib, ever made that pretty GUI for UO Rice? lol
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

No need really.

Download and use UOCH instead, it does the same, with GUI, and more
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

lol.... of course, Just because it isn't needed no one cares about it anymore? :P