PH Release Date

Here you can post about UO Tools not specific to POL, but to the UO Client. This includes map editors, custom clients, mul editors (except UOFiddler, use it's forum), and so on.

Moderator: POL Developer

runtest
Grandmaster Poster

PH Release Date

Post by runtest »

I am working on a new tool with the help of several pol members and a few good friends from the long disbanded site Orbsydia in creating a replacement for DOH (Dundee's Other Hand). I am sure you can all agree that DOH is a great tool but with the new POL work in progress, it is time for a new tool. I do not want to use the DOH name as it is not mine.

The new GM tool will be called PH (Pendrive Happy). It will contain everything that DOH had plus more whilist storing info in a easier to use XML format.

The reason behind the name has to do with the fact that UO can also be ran of a pendrive. This poses a problem for tools like DOH, since there is no ath in the registry to UO - and this is not the default storage place for UO - DOH and other tools can not function properly if at all.

I will be posting some screenshots tonight with a WIP features list. There is no set date though I would like to have a release out this weekend.

If you have any features you would like to see, please post them here. Thank you.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Re: PH Release Date

Post by OldnGrey »

You are attempting a bold project.
I have seen a fair few command line replacer utilities, but what POL really needs is a decent world decorator.
DoH and OHoD (Dundee's) was good at letting you click to do major things, but both lacked any more than a rudimentary way of decorating worlds.

By decorating I am referring to things like the old XURI WorldBuilder for UOX3 or Pandora'sBox. Things that let you decorate and perform tedious operations with a click or two. For example:
* everything in the items list
* multi-part trees (swamp and yew)
* multi-part rocks
* other multi-part things like coffins, beds, mills, stairs, carpet rugs, pillories, executioners platform, large wine presses, lighthouses, fountains, virtue squares, roofs (given a rectangle),
* decorating edges of waterfalls, water and lava boundaries
* ways of lining cave walls easily
* ways of adding house templates and placing them and moving them around
* stone and brick paths and their edges
* docks (at correct height) and their posts and waves

It's a huge project, but aren't we dying for such a tool?
phao
Grandmaster Poster

Post by phao »

Yeah! A tool like oldngray said would be GREAT.

It'd allow you to just care about the design.
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

I am not so far in over my head that I can not reverse the goal and turn it into that, I can even create a roofing tool. :P I will need austin's help though with some things. We need to put a couple commands I created into the distro.
Nightson
Neophyte Poster

Post by Nightson »

Great idea i would like to see imba multi.mul editor with import/export options ;] good luck
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Runtest, just out of curiosity in what language are you writing the tool?
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

No criticism ok. I am using C# just because I love the .net. Now I KNOW its not Linux friendly, I am more than willing to make a Linux wrapper.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

No criticism intended. I was just curious.
*snickers*
Just kidding. I really was just curious.
: )

Really it makes little difference as long as the final compiled proggie does what it's supposed to do.
AxelDominatoR
New User

Post by AxelDominatoR »

Mono is capable of running most .net apps under linux.
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Hey, its all good but due to the new direction of the tool, its going to take a bit longer than predicted. I am completely re-writing the tool. It is so complicated right now it even has its own command window. In other words, it has all the functionality of DOH in one window, and access to.

Multi Placing
Item Placing (Statics)
Roofing (Single and Sets)
Flooring - Carpets

More coming soon. I will try to have a beta out soon as possible.

P.P.S == If anyone else has any other DLLs that would help besides Ultima.DLL, then PLEASE attach them here. Ultima.DLL is pretty well useless without some rewriting anyhow. It would get this done allot quicker.
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Alright to answer a couple of questions.

1. Thank you for the UO reference files, you know who you are, I did not want to post your name without asking.
2. I am ok with exporting MUL files but patching them in might be a trick. I will see what I can do.
3. Sorry about the extended release date, due to request and my vision for your needs. I scrapped the entire project of my DOH revival and instead blew DOH out of the water with a building tool. I had to completely rewrite the Ultima.DLL from the Runuo source I grabbed it from. This is a complicated project and I will have an image for you guys this weekend.

P.S. A couple RL friends, (ROFL We are all in RL) anyhow, a couple RL friends read these forums that I was unaware of and not they are harassing me to get it finished. This is not going to be a lost WIP.
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Still Alive!
Nightson
Neophyte Poster

Post by Nightson »

still waiting ;]
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

This weekend looks good if I get the help I need from some friends.
Nightson
Neophyte Poster

Post by Nightson »

sounds nice good luck
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Screenshot Time,

This one is a bit outdated. Its just a rough idea of the layout.

http://www.uploading.com/files/75E1P6TV ... l.bmp.html
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Alright running into a problem if anyone has any suggestions. I can export a mul no prob, but how on earth do I import a single image into the art files and index it properly?
Nightson
Neophyte Poster

Post by Nightson »

i dont know but i sugest to try ask on runuo forum
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Or you look at the source from varans mulpatcher
Luth
Former Developer

Post by Luth »

For what little help this may be, I believe that all current MUL patchers append the data to the MUL file, and merely change the address for the edited object in the MUL header, rather than replacing the data inline, and adjusting all subsequent addresses. (Its quick and easy, but it means if you replace the same gump 4 times, all 4 of your revisions will be stored in the MUL, even though they cannot be addressed.)
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

I think you are right and I think that is causing a problem. The hold up is this.
I am creating a painting program that will allow you to, extract a gump, paint on it, then import it back in, this all happens in real time. I am finding this to be a side project of its own almost.
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

If anyone would like to help. My time is:

-05:00 GMT
MSN: R u n t e s t . D r u i d at H o t m a i l dot c o m

I get off work at 6 pm my time. I really need someone with strong C# skills. I am getting lost here and would love ANY help.
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Just wanted to say when I get the site up I will be posting this tool. I have made leaps and bounds on it. Sorry for the delay. RL Money troubles and such.
Pachacuti
Apprentice Poster

Post by Pachacuti »

Whoa, so it still alive? :D
tImE
New User

Post by tImE »

If this is same runtest Im reading about at other sites, he say alot, but never deliver.
Sorry not meant as flame, he can always prove it wrong by actually delivering? but I just got done reading about 10 different posts on the net by him with same result.. no result.