Vista and Inside UO

Here you can post about UO Tools not specific to POL, but to the UO Client. This includes map editors, custom clients, mul editors (except UOFiddler, use it's forum), and so on.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Vista and Inside UO

Post by Yukiko »

There is a conflict between Windows Vista and Inside UO that will not permit me to play sounds or view the map. Anyone have a recompiled version of IUO for Vista or a solution to this problem?
mr bubbles
Grandmaster Poster

Post by mr bubbles »

exactly same prob for me with vista too.
Harley
Forum Regular

Post by Harley »

I have some problem with Vista too... My problem - I can't open UO client. Write me that Can't open 'Fonts.mul' or 'uo.cfg' :)

Yukiko & mr bubbles - At Control Panel there are Programms, click on that, after search line like Using old programms with this version Windows. And u may to choose UO Inside there for using!!!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I have tried all the different compatibility modes and none seems to work.

Specifically here are the two issues I am having:

1. Inside UO (IUO) will not play sounds. This issue has been a problem from day 1 with Vista.

2. IUO will not display the britannia and britannia_alt maps. I get a "List index out of bounds. (0)" error. My map is the pre-Mondain's Legacy size. I don't know if I got that error before with Vista because I don't remember ever trying to look at the map in Vista. Previously I had used IUO on my desktop which runs XP.

Unfortunately I really need to get IUO working under Vista if possible because I don't have access to my desktop ATM. Bloody monitor died and funds are a little short right now for a new one.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

InsideUO Sourcecode has been released at it's homepage @ stratics if anyone feels like updating it :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I have it. It's written in Delphi. I have a access to the Delphi 2005 Architect release but I can't seem to get it to compile. It's been a while since I tried so I can't remember the exact error but it had to do with some missing component. I assume that it's due to changes in the included components in the Delphi releases.