Essence UCS

Here you can post about UO Tools not specific to POL, but to the UO Client. This includes map editors, custom clients, mul editors (except UOFiddler, use it's forum), and so on.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Essence UCS

Post by Yukiko » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

I was thinking maybe some of the English translation could be done using the cliloc for English but because you have customized so much of the interface the clilocs probably don't contain the proper messages.

Anyway, I did register on your forums as Yukiko so hopefully at some time in the near future I'll PM you for a copy of Essense UCS. I have so much to do right now that I don't think I would be able to give Essense UCS the time it deserves.
Sincerely,
Yukiko

I would tell you a UDP joke but you might not get it.

Titus 2:13

StaticZ
New User

Post by StaticZ » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Yukiko wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pm
I was thinking maybe some of the English translation could be done using the cliloc for English but because you have customized so much of the interface the clilocs probably don't contain the proper messages.
Seems it have place some misunderstanding, interface you have seen is just an example what you can do with client powered by UCS. Client interface that you have seen in videos before was designed and drawn specialy for Quintessence project, which I'm developing. It's not part of UCS, and was shown here as real life example of UCS usage. UCS don't containt any graphics, sounds and so on, it only allows to change many things in client, by tons of configs. All configs contain help and description in comments on english. UCS also allows to replace some hardcoded text and messages and support multilanguage translation, so UCS will get values depending on selected language. Just videos was made from clinet using russian translation. I know wide part of uo community don't know russian language at all, but I have no choice as english tanslation wasn't finished (again, here i speak about Quintessence, not UCS).
Once more UCS isn't plug and play, it will not give you any usable and positive results after deploying client it just allowed you to change many things.
Yukiko wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pm
Anyway, I did register on your forums as Yukiko so hopefully at some time in the near future I'll PM you for a copy of Essense UCS. I have so much to do right now that I don't think I would be able to give Essense UCS the time it deserves.
Ok, after updating webserver software appeared some problems with using tags on thise forum. I'll try to fix it, but for now if you see empty posts\pm just remove tags.

StaticZ
New User

Post by StaticZ » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:59 am

Preview of UO: Quintessence Line Of Sight (LoS) implementation and a foliage drawing fix. It is an early preview, so an implementation algorithm in the video presents several bugs. LoS visualization and fixes were implemented using the UCS (Ultima Client Shell) project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyC71wQ ... Te&index=9